Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allan

Pacific Pointe, San Diego

7 posts in this topic

Pacific Pointe is a new condo tower development designed by Calgary-based SSE Architecture.

pacificpointe01.jpg

pacificpointe02.jpg

pacificpointe03.jpg

pacificpointe04.jpg

pacificpointe05.jpg

Go San Diego! Nice buildings and plenty going on there. Too bad cost of living is so high :(

I love these buildings. Other cities should be able to learn something from SD. There are so many projects going on downtown. The only thing it really needs to do is move the airport so that they can build towers taller than the current 500 foot height limit. The city needs a few 700'-800' landmark towers. I think eventually the height limits will be raised - the CCDC has 700' towers shown in parts of downtown in the first cut of its downtown development plan, so that's a good sign. With the current demand for housing, it's only a question of time before the height limits are challenged.

It does have a very Western Canadian look to it. Western Canadian firms are actually responsible for much (most?) of the highrise condos going up in San Diego.

The Canadian developers are the ones who started the condo boom in downtown San Diego. I think it's fair to say that most of the developments in SD are done by Canadian firms