Camden, SC. 32-degrees, raining, and B&W.

DrumCorpsAlum

I was going to go on two photo shoots today, but I only went on one, since my friend never showed. There will be more Camden photos to come, this city has so much to

offer. I was bored in Camden, and still live there when not on campus here in Columbia. I went home for the weekend, which I normally do, since Camden is so close to

Columbia. It's just a short drive away. It was such a crappy day, I decided to make the photos black & white, and add a bit of color for artistic effect.

DOWNTOWN

downtown1.jpg

downtown2.jpg

downtown3.jpg

downtown4.jpg

downtown5.jpg

downtown6.jpg

It was raining, it never snowed, yet the signs are frozen over. Go figure.

roadsigns.jpg

Little Theater

littletheater.jpg

bcmoorestower.jpg

This mural was done by Blue Sky, the same guy who has done murals in Columbia, Sumter, and many other SC cities and towns. He's done Busted Plug plaza in

Columbia (the giant fire hydrant sculpture) and Tunnel Vision.

blueskymural.jpg

The intersection of US-1 (Dekalb) and US-521 (Broad)

broad-and-dekalb.jpg

Hard nipple cold. That sign rotates by the way.

cold32.jpg

I've never really paid attention to this building and am not sure what it is.

whateverthisbuildingis.jpg

The Kershaw County courthouse

kershaw-county-courthouse.jpg

Quick snapshot while in the car of Grace Episcopal church, where I went to Kindergarten

episcopal-church.jpg

Signs like this are all over Camden, and tell about various historic sites.

historicsite41.jpg

Camden has several streets (Broad, Lyttleton, Fair, and Mill) which are very long, stright, and lined with very old trees, and big houses. This is the end of Lyttleton street.

lyttletonstreetend.jpg

A few shapshots of some large houses, which are commonplace all over Camden.

oldhouse1.jpg

oldhouse2.jpg

oldhouse3.jpg

This little park is hidden in a secluded part of a wealthy neighborhood, nowhere near any major road. Basically follow some side streets, and then a dirt road, and then yoiu

come accross this park.

oldpark.jpg

Camden is the steeplechase capital of the world. The Carolina Cup, which is a huge race which draws a huge crowd, has its offices and museum right down the street from

where I live.

cupoffices.jpg

And on the other side of the road is the entrance to Kirkover Hills, a very old neighborhood, and also where I live.

kirkover-hills-entrance.jpg

Signs like this are commonplace. This one is right near my house. I frequently have to stop for horses crossing the road as well.

horsesignkirkover.jpg

A view of the cup tracks, with the (expensive) grandstands in the distance.

cuptrack.jpg

And finally, I return home.

myhouse.jpg

This is a view of the Cup tracks from my backyard.

backyardview.jpg

No photo shoots are complete without the obligatory cat shots that remain on my memory card. We all know Pinky.

pinky1.jpg

And Whitey. This one is bad.

whitey1.jpg

And to show you how bad the weather sucked, and still is sucking, this is the weather in downtown Columbia on my way back to the apartment here in Columbia. It's 32

degrees too.

columbiaintherain.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived