Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkBlueBoss

Jebel Ali Airport City

12 posts in this topic

HH Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai, has ordered the construction of the Jebel Ali Airport City (JAA) project, to begin in February.

HH General Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Minister of Defence, UAE, was briefed about the project by HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of the Department of Civil Aviation and Chairman of Emirates Group.

Jebel Ali Airport City project will cover 140 square kilometres and will include, not just an airport, but also several smaller cities which will cater to the financial, industrial, service and tourism industry needs connected to the aviation industry. The core of the city will be one of the world

Will people want to live so close to an airport? Ususlly this is a big issue in the rest of the world?

Will people want to live so close to an airport?  Ususlly this is a big issue in the rest of the world?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont see anything with, i live right next to Dubai International Airport, and i have plans passing over my house all the time, its not big deal really,

then again, dont forget that this J-Ali Airport city, will take up around 140 sq km of area, so i am sure its not RIGHT NEXT to the airport, especially, that these are high rise towers,

Interesting project going on here. It is very risky as Metrobi has mentioned because of the noise level and high-rises being built relatively close the landing strips. They may either have to move the buildings further away or lower the height possibly if the risk level is too high. This isn't Sim City here...

Just wanted to revive this old topic with some photos that I've accidently came acorss :)

airport1.jpg

airport2.jpg

As a plane spotter I just can't wait to see this baby working :D

It'll take a decade or even longer for all the skyscrapers to be built. I've heard early reports of 600+ skyscrapers planned for the city.

The whole thing will take in excess of 20 years to build. The first thing will be a cargo terminal which is supposed to be built by the end of 2007 I think. Then there'll be the logistics city, aviation hub, etc... and a few residences probably for people working in the companies here. Afterwords will probably come a passenger terminal and a few more residences and from then on you know the story.

:shok: Wow! A city within a city. That looks like it is going to be a great addition. is it just me, or did Dubai just emerge out of nowhere? :P

They've been developing explosively for about the past 6 to 10 years, but only recently has it become public.

I lived near the airport and it was quite irritating to hear all that noises of those planes coming from the skies after every 5 mins.

How far away was that?

When I stayed in Chicago 2 weeks ago our hostel was right next to the train and every 15 minutes it would roar past. It didn't bother me one bit :D