Windsor Castle, UK

hkskyline

Windsor Castle is an official residence of The Queen and the largest occupied castle in the world. A royal palace and fortress for over 900 years, the Castle remains a working palace today. Visitors can walk around the State Apartments, extensive suites of rooms at the heart of the working palace; for part of the year visitors can also see the Semi State rooms, which are some of the most splendid interiors in the castle. They are furnished with treasures from the Royal Collection including paintings by Holbein, Rubens, Van Dyck and Lawrence, fine tapestries and porcelain, sculpture and armour.

I took a train from Waterloo station to Windsor Eton Riverside. I actually wanted to take the train from Paddington to Windsor Royal because the express takes only 25 minutes, but my friends who went a few days before suggested the SW Train service. It took about an hour and the walk from Eton Riverside was much longer .. oh well!

Southwest Trains' new rolling stock is quite nice! I especially like the bathroom doors that open in a semi-circle.

DSCN5572.jpg

DSCN5589.jpg

DSCN5594.jpg

DSCN5597.jpg

DSCN5601.jpg

DSCN5609.jpg

DSCN5610.jpg

DSCN5615.jpg

DSCN5624.jpg

The changing of the guard took place underneath the constant rumbling of planes taking off from nearby Heathrow airport. The noise is quite constant and unbearable. I wonder how the locals can cope with it.

DSCN5630.jpg

DSCN5631.jpg

DSCN5637.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived