Greater Spartanburg Projects & Developments

Spartan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GoUpstate had a site plan for that senior living facility ("The Canopy at Sierra Hills") behind Texas Roadhouse (typical looking, but good to know):

1313804292_CanopyatSierraHills(2).jpg.8eee9e1d37f5cd9aa0660b66c5380ec4.jpg

Also, the Tru by Hilton on Franklin Ave is topped out.  It has a pretty sizable presence (particularly from further away):

IMG_20190505_150132643.thumb.jpg.f890beb2d112da478de69b7f17514ff2.jpg

• Like 1

Construction well underway at the intersection of I-585 / US-176 and I-85 for the new location of Spartanburg Dodge.  Perhaps this will help spur other development in this area.  

https://www.goupstate.com/news/20190424/spartanburg-chrysler-dodge-jeep-and-ram-dealership-moving-to-new-location

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The long stalled Converse Mill project seems to have gotten the wind back in its sails and will break ground sometime next month with expected completion by 12/2020. 
This is a very exciting project that will bring much needed attention to that area! One can hope that maybe this will stimulate some positive development in the Clifton villages which in my opinion have some of the most beautiful topography in Spartanburg. I would love to see this spur some major redevelopment in that area! 

Good things!

https://www.goupstate.com/news/20190806/construction-on-old-converse-mill-set-to-start-late-september

Edited by Spartanburg Dude
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Two unrelated projects in totally different locations, but I was wondering if anyone knew what was going on at either.

First, Clayton Construction has been clearing a lot on John B White near Camelot Ct, across from Bruster's and Cook-Out.  The lot was purchased this summer by "Claybrook Holdings LLC".  Anyone know what's happening there?

cbh.JPG.fceb36aea8a731ea98fd5775ce81fba5.JPG

Second, I noticed from the Rail Trail that significant renovation/addition work is happening on the old Pine Street Motors building next to the Wade's corporate office.  It's owned by Wade's.  It's a cool modernist building, so I'm happy to see it renovated.  Anyone know what's going in?

psm.JPG.ad4a7b3f0d92cc83399cd39bf2a6787f.JPG

On 10/11/2019 at 12:11 PM, westsider28 said:

Second, I noticed from the Rail Trail that significant renovation/addition work is happening on the old Pine Street Motors building next to the Wade's corporate office.  It's owned by Wade's.  It's a cool modernist building, so I'm happy to see it renovated.  Anyone know what's going in?

psm.JPG.ad4a7b3f0d92cc83399cd39bf2a6787f.JPG

Answering my own question here.  I saw a beer/wine/liquor license application for this address in the paper today.  The applicant is Hub City Hospitality LLC, which is the owner of Willy Taco and FR8Yard.  The application says DBA "Flock Shop", which could be the name?  Regardless, if this is another Cribb concept, it should be awesome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, westsider28 said:

Answering my own question here.  I saw a beer/wine/liquor license application for this address in the paper today.  The applicant is Hub City Hospitality LLC, which is the owner of Willy Taco and FR8Yard.  The application says DBA "Flock Shop", which could be the name?  Regardless, if this is another Cribb concept, it should be awesome.

Love the building. Love that it might be another "Cribbs Brothers" restaurant. Fingers crossed for something awesome!!!!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Saw in the paper an item on the Nov. 21 Planning Commission agenda: a request to annex parcel 7-21-00-004.00 and .04 into the City as R-8: General Residential Planned Development District (PDD) by Falcon Real Estate Development.  The parcels are next to Old Canaan Road Soccer Complex (see below).  The developer has many projects (completed and planned) across the Upstate, including Drayton Mill Village townhomes (not yet begun, AFAIK).  I assume they want a density beyond what the county allows (like the westside apartment annexation a few months ago), thus why they're requesting annexation.  It will be interesting to see what happens here.

Also, this is not the Southport Village development proposed by another developer on land nearby.  This is a separate project.

tigereyeland.JPG.1477eec424954bd89ab7ca4e26c620f0.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, westsider28 said:

Lulu's Car Wash coming to triangular lot just east of Texas Roadhouse.  How many car washes do we need?  At least the sidewalk on WO Ezell is being extended.

cw.JPG.cbde65baa76632ebe178f63eab416194.JPG

Also, I've seen no sign of progress on the proposed senior living facility behind Texas Roadhouse.

I've seen the sign but not sure if this will be a full service car wash (which would be too many, especially with one just up the street) or a self-service wash.