Spartan

Greater Spartanburg Projects & Developments

There was a public notice in the paper about a request to the Planning Commission to amend the planned development district plan for the parcel behind Texas Roadhouse to allow for development of a senior living facility.  Interesting.

1210774948_Seniorlivingparcel.JPG.07c9426c9d914fcaf69adff633d89e12.JPG

• Like 2

Anyone know about the "Progressive to Spartanburg" rumor?  Apparently they'll bring "lots of jobs."

This is all I have heard so far:  "Progressive will be building a big center in GSP [Spartanburg].  For claims and such."  "Job openings will be posted in the summer."

I posted what I know (heard) in the Spartanburg forum, hoping others would be able to share more information.

On 4/22/2019 at 9:17 AM, Skyliner said:

This is all I have heard so far:  "Progressive will be building a big center in GSP [Spartanburg].  For claims and such."  "Job openings will be posted in the summer."

Sounds like a call center to me.

GoUpstate had a site plan for that senior living facility ("The Canopy at Sierra Hills") behind Texas Roadhouse (typical looking, but good to know):

1313804292_CanopyatSierraHills(2).jpg.8eee9e1d37f5cd9aa0660b66c5380ec4.jpg

Also, the Tru by Hilton on Franklin Ave is topped out.  It has a pretty sizable presence (particularly from further away):

IMG_20190505_150132643.thumb.jpg.f890beb2d112da478de69b7f17514ff2.jpg

• Like 1

They are demolishing the old Eckards/Rite Aid at Hillcrest. Anyone know what is planned for that site?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, djh1963 said:

They are demolishing the old Eckards/Rite Aid at Hillcrest. Anyone know what is planned for that site?

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a Panera Bread (moving from their current location).

Edited by westsider28
  • Like 1

The long stalled Converse Mill project seems to have gotten the wind back in its sails and will break ground sometime next month with expected completion by 12/2020. 
This is a very exciting project that will bring much needed attention to that area! One can hope that maybe this will stimulate some positive development in the Clifton villages which in my opinion have some of the most beautiful topography in Spartanburg. I would love to see this spur some major redevelopment in that area! 

Good things!

https://www.goupstate.com/news/20190806/construction-on-old-converse-mill-set-to-start-late-september

Edited by Spartanburg Dude
  • Like 1