Greater Spartanburg Projects & Developments

Spartan

Has anyone heard anything about what is going to happen to the old Lowes site on the westside? I know Prime Buffet close because they said with Lowes and Best Buy gone it was no longer a desireable location. I think that was a bit of a hasty decision with the new Kohl's going in there it is going to be a very desireable location.

Edited by djh1963

Has anyone heard anything about what is going to happen to the old Lowes site on the westside? I know Prime  Buffet close because they said with Lowes and Best Buy gone it was no longer a desireable location. I think that was a bit of a hasty decision with the new Kohl's going in there it is going to be a very desireable location.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Lowe's and Best Buy should either demolish their former locations or find some tenants to fill those vacant spaces. It would have been better if they did not move in the first place as they had enough room to expand.

:D  :D  :D

That is awesome.  I know that area remains underserved by a supermarket.  (The closest ones are Ingle's above 85 and the Bi-Lo on Asheville Highway.)  Hopefully someone will build there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Publix at Hillcrest would be much closer than that.

It seems like I recall something is going to be done with that old Lowes. I cant recall what though. The old Best Buy needs to be torn down, and that area should be converted into apartments or something.

They have started demolition on that area that will be a khols.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Kroger. I hear they are good stores.

The Publix at Hillcrest would be much closer than that.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Kroger. I hear they are good stores.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Publix at Hillcrest is about five to ten minutes away including time for traffic congestion. People living around Spartanburg Regional are not going to drive out that far. I did know there was a former Winn Dixie in that area; it is now Mr. Gatti's.

I know that Kroger had three stores in the Upstate during the 1980s. Two were in Anderson under the Kroger banner. One is now a vacant building in disrepair at River and Fant Streets. The other is where Bi-Lo at Clemson Boulevard and Mall Road. In Greenville, they were under the Welcome name at Laurens and Haywood Roads. Burlington Coat Factory and OfficeMax currently share that space. Kroger could reenter the area, but they would be better off buying out someone (probably Bi-Lo/Bruno's).

:D  :D  :D

That is awesome.  I know that area remains underserved by a supermarket.  (The closest ones are Ingle's above 85 and the Bi-Lo on Asheville Highway.)  Hopefully someone will build there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a BI-LO at 221 and Beaumont Ave.

• 2 weeks later...

The new Hub City Coffee location at St John & Church is open. It looks pretty nice too. I'll try to get a pic soon.

The latest Eastside retail: PetCo, Ross, Office Depot, etc are almost complete. I know some of these places are hiring, so they should be stocking soon. Home Depot is at the same point. As for the Easton residential section, I have no idea. I can't tell what they are doing other than building mountains.

yeah i saw that too. It through me off for a second because i'm so used to seeing it there.

Do you have any idea what's going on near Broadwalk. There's an empty lot right near there and it looks as if they're about to build something.

I also noticed the demolition across from Broadwalk. Haven't got a clue what that is about. There is a lot of destruction in downtown, so maybe we'll see some construction in the near future.

Had a chance to go by the Marriott and grab a Satrbuck's and relax in the club. Too cool. The new krispy Kreme is just about ready.

I also drove by the 601 East Main site and their sign is gone. don't know if that is good or bad. They are very high priced.

yeah i saw that too. It through me off for a second because i'm so used to seeing it there.

Do you have any idea what's going on near Broadwalk. There's an empty lot right near there and it looks as if they're about to build something.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where accross from Broadwalk?

I would think that removing the sign from 601 E Main means they are about to start, or the project flopped. I personally wouldn't be suprised if it flopped. People are asking way too much money to live in or even near downtown.

i saw something that irritated me today. I was in pic-a-book and I was looking at their postcards and there was one with the Zentrum museum on the front. Right above it, written in block letters across the sky, it says "GREENVILLE." On the back of the card it says "The Zentrum at BMW Greenville, SC." Just a little irritating.

Edited by emo

i saw something that irritated me today. I was in pic-a-book and I was looking at their postcards and there was one with the Zentrum museum on the front. Right above it, written in block letters across the sky, it says "GREENVILLE." On the back of the card it says "The Zentrum at BMW Greenville, SC." Just a little irritating.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is irritating. It should say Greer, SC.

BMW Factory

Or Spartanburg County, SC :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My wife has a Z3 so we attend homecoming at the plant every year. In all the communications from BMW, the byline is Spartanburg. I believe as far as BMW is concerned, it is the BMW Spartanburg plant.

take a look at the BMW Factory website in upper RH corner there is a box with BMW Manufacturing, Spartanburg, SC.

Its the same with the Zentrum website.

i read that the other day. It sounds like the homes will be pretty nice and i thought the article mentioned something about them having to meet certain guidelines. I really hope that the residentail developments won't turn into cookie-cutter subdivisions.

• 2 weeks later...