Tennessee Subforum?

monsoon

Do you guys want a Tennessee Subforum?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you guys want a Tennessee Subforum?

• No - leave things as they are
    • Yes - definately something we need

Since there seems to be a nice upswing in Tennessee forumers here, do you guys want and will you support a Tennessee subforum? We could set it up in a similar fashion to the Carolinas and Fla forums above or do something different. Of course we can leave it the same. Whether we do this or not will also depend upon the number of votes we get.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think thats a great idea (even though I'm from Florida... :P

I plan to spend a bit of time in the Tennessee Forum... should it become a reality...

Paula

Since there seems to be a nice upswing in Tennessee forumers here, do you guys want and will you support a Tennessee subforum?  We could set it up in a similar fashion to the Carolinas and Fla forums above or do something different.  Of course we can leave it the same.    Whether we do this or not will also depend upon the number of votes we get.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

brewer, how long have you been on this forum? I was the moderator of the Nashville section when it first existed. There's already been a Nashville forum. Give it time and I think this Nashville thread craze will slow down, and at that point there won't be a reason for a specific Tennessee section.

But in the event I'm wrong, sure, lets create a TN section. I'm just saying give it a month or at least a few weeks.

Having a specific forum will allow for long term discussions that really are not possible in a more general forum. There are a number of discussions going on in the Carolinas & Fla forums that just dont seem to work anywhere else.

We can also make it larger than just Tenn. if that makes sense. Really trying to take a survey to see if the forum has grown enough to do this.

• 1 month later...

Here is the other reason we need a forum,,, Nashville leads the vote in city with most potential and Tennessee is leading in favorite southern state.. We must have something good going on here in TENNESSEE.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This one? Looks like it's no longer leading.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...pic=8211&st=135

I'm surprised no one has said, "If you build it, they will come".

Sure! What about people in Knoxville and further east? Do we ever hear from them? I am new here but I have not read one comment about the potential 35 story 500+ foot tower proposed for Downtown Knoxville.

Does anyone from Chattanooga come here?

Chattanooga is going through a riverfront explosion, yet nothing about it here. No One has answered my question about the crane in downtown Chattanooga.

I guess I'll have to drive down and check it out myself. One thing about Chattanooga is that when I was living in the area in 1974 and driving through every weekend and compare it to now, the skyline is virtually unchanged even though the city itself has really morphed into something very different and nice. And Knoxville is a nice community too and I'd like to hear what's going on there.

I've often wondered why the Knox people choose not to participate. Perhaps one of the reasons they don't is that some another forum has a member who, upon mention of the word Knoxville, proceeds to tell the world what a horrible place it (and the rest of this state) is. Defending one's hometown (and state) against certain sophomoric bias is sometimes more difficult than just letting the sleeping dog lie.

We've been lucky here so far for the most part. I sincerely hope it stays as it is.

Perhaps the good people of the Chattanooga, Memphis, and Knoxville will see that the coast is reasonably clear and will chime in soon.

I'm a UT student living in Knoxville right now...so if I hear about anything going on, I'll certainly chime in. The only thing that I have heard about is a proposal for a very large developement on the north side of downtown. Its called the Worsham Watkins plan. This would completely change the look of downtown Knoxville. I don't know a lot about it, but there are a few sketches showing what it might look like. I don't really think that it will ever be built just seems to be too ambitious/has too much going on...but here's the proposal:

http://ktnpba.org/redevprop/tocpage.htm

tocbrdr.jpg

dtknoxtop.jpg

masterplan2.jpg

a1a2main.jpg

a3a4main.jpg

wfp-wg.jpg

a5a6main.jpg

cineplex.jpg

fashion.jpg

hotel.jpg

a7main.jpg

market.jpg

ba9top.jpg

ba3a4top.jpg

carhouse.jpg

corridora.jpg

The tower in the picture is supposed to be about 33 stories and about 600,000 square feet. I think that it's supposed to be about 600 feet tall.

We've been lucky here so far for the most part. I sincerely hope it stays as it is.

Perhaps the good people of the Chattanooga, Memphis, and Knoxville will see that the coast is reasonably clear and will chime in soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The coast is clear and we will do everything to run off idiot forumers that cause trouble. (especially from that nameless place that you refer to. :) ) UrbanPlanet is made with better ingredients.

Please spread the word about us.

I thought that project was officially dead?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure...I just found some stuff about it online. Like I said...I think it's a little too ambitious. That type of project just costs too much for a city like Knoxville imo. Maybe they could do something like that in phases.

Sure! What about people in Knoxville and further east? Do we ever hear from them? I am new here but I have not read one comment about the potential 35 story 500+ foot tower proposed for Downtown Knoxville.

Does anyone from Chattanooga come here?

Chattanooga is going through a riverfront explosion, yet nothing about it here. No One has answered my question about the crane in downtown Chattanooga.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm from Chattanooga, but in the military so I don't get to hear about things in Chattanooga first hand. I try keep up with happenings in and around Chattanooga and found this forum trying to find out more information about new construction downtown.

Has anyone heard about Blue Cross Blue Shield of TN building a new corporate headquarters in downtown Chatt.. A few years back BCBS acquired a large tract of land north of downtown on the river to build a new headquarters. Currently BCBS is spread all across downtown Chatt in several different buildings they have acquired. All I know is that they are supposed to have bought Cameron Hill in downtown Chatt. They are going to raze the ugly apartments built in the '70's and construct several new 5 story buildings over looking downtown, across from UNUMProvident Insurance Co. headquarters. Personally I prefer that they raise a tower in the business district, but I also like the idea of the Cameron Hill eyesore being fixed.

Hey flith, first let me say, we appreciate what you're doing over there and hope you're getting along okay.

There was a topic on the Blue Cross/Blue Shield project not too long ago. There was, if I recall, some extensive descriptive press and some renderings. I'll look around and see if I can locate that for you.

Please stand by.

• 2 months later...

I don't understand why anyone would refer to Knoxville as a "horrible place." Market square and gay street, along with the worlds fair park and volunteer landing are absolutely beautiful. We don't need the Worsham Watkins plan, what we need are more poeple and businesses down here - the archectecture is fantastic and intact!

The city is close to the moutains and to all the recreation Sevier county has to offer. I plan to do a photo thread on the city very soon.

Archived