COMPLETE: Hilton Downtown Providence

BTW: I have to say that the uplighting on the Hilton is great, better than I thought it would be (I was imagining something like the weak uplighting on the Radisson). Especially looking down Atwell's towards the city, the new splendidly illuminated Hilton at night is virtually begging you to come downtown, while the old, tired, looming Holiday Inn made you wonder, "What the h*ll am I doing here?"

- Garris

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I happen to like the rotating billboards. There are a couple coming into the city on 195 and 95 N. If we had a couple placed strategically in high traffic areas with upcoming events rather than Cardi's or Burger King ads, it would add a little life. Springfield, MA used to have a big sign on the garage next to the Marriott downtown but it was more parallel to 91 and hard to see. I was thinking that the top of the Court House would be great because they already have a billboard on it or next to it but I forgot that section of 195 is coming down.......which brings up another question about the I-Way...Are they going to construct another downtown exit ramp to replace the loss of exit 1?

from yesterday's PROJO:

Providence Hilton to open: The Providence Hilton Hotel, formerly the Holiday Inn in downtown Providence, will officially open this morning. The $30-million renovation includes interior and exterior changes, a new lobby, an outdoor terrace, fresh landscaping and an electronic communications board. A three-story glass atrium called City Sights has been added to the side of the hotel facing LaSalle Square and will feature Shula

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived