Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sunshine

Orlando Surpassed Miami

sunshine    253

Don't worry, just the airport for start..............

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Orlando Sentinel

Orlando International Airport saw a record 31.1 million fliers in 2004, making it the

state's busiest, officials said today.

Orlando surpassed Miami International, which finished the year with 30.2 million fliers.

Officials at Orlando International said the number of inbound and outbound passengers rose about 14 percent from 2003, when 27.3 million people passed through the airport.

From OBJ

More than 31.1 million passengers moved through Orlando International Airport in 2004, breaking all previous records and establishing the facility as the busiest airport in Florida, airport officials say.

The number of passengers last year was 14 percent higher than in 2003 when 27.3 million passengers used the airport.

"This increase of almost 4 million passengers reflects the strong growth we have seen in tourism and business travel to Central Florida," says C.W. "Bill" Jennings, executive director for the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority, in a statement.

The airport attributed the higher travel numbers in part to the increase in service from carriers such as Delta Connection/Chautauqua, AeroMexico, Air Canada, Sun Country and Independence Air, which, combined, added 152 flights in December to and from the airport.

However, the numbers were not as rosy at another GOAA-governed airport: Total operations at Orlando Executive Airport dropped by 6.4 percent to 156,937 flights in 2004.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like it is time to move the executive airport

firemick    1

I second that. :w00t::thumbsup:

Lets hope Orlando Executive Airport becomes a financial burden and its closed at some point, then we can get rid of this dumb height requirement.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

latinposer    0

WOW! you guys are getting crazy just because of a dumb little airport thing.

Miami is still the shizne in Florida.Miami has better beaches(ofcourse),better buildings(obviously),and better teams(atleast in basketball).Miami is even more populated.All orlando has is the disney crap,and if Miami had it,Orlando wouldnt even be thought of.(just trying to make a point)

prahaboheme    672

who asked yopu anything,i can say what i want.you cant tell me crap.so just shut your mouth and go to sleep.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your obviously new to the forum. We don't fight here. Go away.

monsoon    0

what are you a girl? ok whatever.damn.ill shut up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WOW! you guys are getting crazy just because of a dumb little airport thing.

Miami is still the shizne in Florida.Miami has better beaches(ofcourse),better buildings(obviously),and better teams(atleast in basketball).Miami is even more populated.All orlando has is the disney crap,and if Miami had it,Orlando wouldnt even be thought of.(just trying to make a point)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Admins note:

The only point you have made is that you have an opinion, and we all know what that is worth. If you want to disucss the topic at hand then please do so. But don't create posts to provoke other forumers. I used to live in Boca and we could certainly get into the low opinion those residents have of Miami, but that is not the purpose of this place.

And petty insults are just that. Read the rules and follow them or you and your opinion are going to be quick history here.

vicupstate    220

Let's not forget that South Florida has THREE airports, in three counties. West Palm and Ft. Launderdale are close enough for anyone to use those if the flight is better/cheaper.

FLClarkKent    146

Daytona International

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Daytona International...heh. Until Atlanta becomes its own country, I think DBIA will remain a regional airport.

Not that I don't love it...flying out of Daytona, if you can get a cheap fare, is so freakin' easy. No lines, no parking hassles. It's great.

sunshine    253

It claims itself as Daytona Beach International Airport with one direct flight to Toronto...lol..

Orlando Sanford International have some cheap flights to Canada.

Tampa is more expensive than Orlando but not by much.

Aessotariq    1

An airport gets its "international" title when USDA and/or U.S. Customs set up inspection stations there; it doesn't really have to do with international destinations. Ocala's airport is considered an "international airport," for example.

Actually i dont think Orlando can beat Miami in anything,except visitors because of Disney and all of that.But i know Miami has better things,or will have.Orlando's good though,i respect them.A lot puerto ricans there.

prahaboheme    672

Actually i dont think Orlando can beat Miami in anything,except visitors because of Disney and all of that.But i know Miami has better things,or will have.Orlando's good though,i respect them.A lot puerto ricans there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what does this have to do with the topic?