What I really want to see in downtown Flint is...

Pachuco

To store more towed cars? You mean closing down the Oak Business Park to do the same thing wasn't enough? :rolleyes:

And tearing down Autoworld was a good thing, look at how much better of a building the White Building is than the hideous thing with glass pyramids on the roof. :P It looked like a gentler version of a porcupine. lol

Yeah that part of autoworld was hideous but not the old IMA. But I do agree the Willian S. White building is a nice building.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the 60 days came from somebody from Uptown Development, so we won't be hearing anything about the Durant from them. I'd like to know how the Land Bank is coming along with this.

The Land Bank really has their hands full. The Durant, Great Lakes Tech Center, Berridge Hotel, Manhattan Place, and 2 blocks of Carriage Town homes are a lot to deal with along with all the tax-delinquent properties in the city. I hope they don't spread themselves too thin.

Are they actually doing the conversion project with the Berridge then? I haven't heard anything about that in awhile.

I'm hoping they're still considering it. It's essential if they want people to move into that part of Carriage Town.

where is the Berridge located at and what is it exactly?

any pics?

The Berridge is a run-down motel that seems to attract lots of "undesirables". It's in Carriage Town on Garland Street. I think if you head west right in front of Mega Coney Island (where Saginaw and King meet), you'll see it. It's an eyesore and a hinderance right now but would be a nice looking building with a little TLC.

I don't have any pics, but here's what the building used to look like [ Link ]

• 2 weeks later...

you know, ive thought about it a few times lately, il try to remember my camera when i take my library books back

heres one i found online

2003%20Pumpkin%20Festival.jpg(its during the pumpkin festival, lol)

i also read in the paper that they have contracted out 3 design firms to design a new municipal complex holding the library, police station, and all the city offices. so ill post info about that if anything happens on it

Edited by dtown

• 1 month later...

man I need to get back to Michigan, I was born in Flint, and have been as fascinated with it, as I am Detroit. I'd love to see someone really take an interest in the city, and build a couple high rises, start investing in Downtown. That'd make me happy as a clam

• 3 months later...

To compete with Miller Road, Downtownn needs a couple of things. It needs to become Genesee County' Center for nightlife and dining spot. I would like to see a Jazz Club, a formal club sort of like Purple Moon, a Latin dance club and a rock/top 40 club. In dining, a Japanese restaurant, an Italian restaurant complete with a wine cellar, more lunch spots and cafes, Plus another BD's Mongolian.