Charlotte Hotels

UrbanCharlotte

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte...9/tidbits1.html

The CBJ article's wording really makes me think that it is very early in the process for Novare's considerations of which city to build the next TWELVE hotel.

Hopefully, their positive experience with Avenue will be enough to warrant a closer look at uptown Charlotte.

• 2 months later...

We have a Ritz-Carlton that will break ground downtown in the next few months and be open by late 2008.

We already have the Resort at Ballantyne which is part of Starwood's Luxury Collection, though it's not a urban hotel.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I stayed at the new Nine Zero hotel here in Boston this past weekend for my wife's birthday (room service produces better food and birthday cake than I can)....it is part of the Kimpton Hotel chain which produces really boutique hotels across the country. They are the operator of the hotel in Signature Tower proposed for Nashville and a new condo/hotel property in Midtown Atlanta.

Just for fun, I looked at their website, and sure enough, Charlotte is a target market for them.

http://www.kimptonhotels.com/development_future.aspx

I'm really hopeful that Charlotte gets one of these, because they really offer something more than brass fixtures, framed sailboat prints, and floral comforters.

Not sure about this one. Hyatt is undergoing a pretty big expansion. The company is privately held (Pritzker family), so it's anyone's guess. That said, they are still a small fish in a big pond when up against Hilton, Starwood and Marriott. Hyatt International along with its franchise hotels at Hyatt Hotels Corp only have around 200 hotels worldwide. Ritz Carlton has 60 locations, but is owned by Marriott.

I think this conversion is a rediculous idea anyway.

Lot's of hotel have been scouting sites adjacent to the NHOF...I would think Hyatt would be one, along with Sheraton, Radisson (haven't heard much from them lately) and MAYBE Intercontinental (who is attempting to expand it's US presence rapidly)......I suspect the NHOF will spawn at least 1 or 2 new hotels downtown. I'll be curious to see if they include condos as well, as that is becoming more and more common (and preferred by lenders).

^ Well, they could always convert the Holiday Inn to an Intercontinental :D . ICH Hotels Corp controls Intercontinental, Holiday Inns, Crowne Plaza, and Candlewood Suites. Carlson Companies are huge and own everything from Radisson and Regent Hotels to TGIFridays and Seven Seas Cruises. Hard to believe that Charlotte doesn't have a Radisson anymore.

i also forgot that Hyatt purchased some hotel group recently and changed the name to something called Hyatt Place. I think it was the Amersuites brand. Don't know if they are any nicer than what they were, but it says that there are three Hyatt Place hotels in Charlotte.

I've stayed in a Hyatt Place, I was a loyal customer to Amerisuites and decided I'd check out the upgrade.

They are pretty damn cool. Loved the flat panel TVs and the lobby. Have to say though, as a business traveller, it's damn hard to find a comfortable, large room with free high-speed internet, free breakfast, and great locations for under $100 a night. Hyatt Place is now around $120 a night, even with a business rate. That places it a bit out of my travel range.

• 2 months later...

Charlotte will be getting it's first Crowne Plaza. The uptown Best Western (across McDowell from the new county courthouse) has been sold and will be rebranded, with all new interiors and a new steakhouse restaurant.

I keep wishing that place would just get knocked down, since it is one ugly property.

Charlotte will be getting it's first Crowne Plaza. The uptown Best Western (across McDowell from the new county courthouse) has been sold and will be rebranded, with all new interiors and a new steakhouse restaurant.

I keep wishing that place would just get knocked down, since it is one ugly property.

I stayed at the new Nine Zero hotel here in Boston this past weekend for my wife's birthday (room service produces better food and birthday cake than I can)....it is part of the Kimpton Hotel chain which produces really boutique hotels across the country. They are the operator of the hotel in Signature Tower proposed for Nashville and a new condo/hotel property in Midtown Atlanta.

Just for fun, I looked at their website, and sure enough, Charlotte is a target market for them.

http://www.kimptonhotels.com/development_future.aspx

I'm really hopeful that Charlotte gets one of these, because they really offer something more than brass fixtures, framed sailboat prints, and floral comforters.

Archived