Providence/RI Photo of the day - by Garris

Garris

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The crane between near the Superman Building would be for Waterplace, right? I think the two towers are sort of blending into Superman and the State House from this angle.

yeah, this looks like it was taken during construction of waterplace and westin. you can see the buildings coming up right next to the state house.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone know if you can post pictures from Snapfish.com? My wife has an account with them and I uploaded a bunch of pictures to their site, but got an error when I tried to insert one in a post here.... can anyone recommend the easiest way to post pictures to UP, I have a bunch of construction photos and other misc. ones from this weekend? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know if you can post pictures from Snapfish.com? My wife has an account with them and I uploaded a bunch of pictures to their site, but got an error when I tried to insert one in a post here.... can anyone recommend the easiest way to post pictures to UP, I have a bunch of construction photos and other misc. ones from this weekend? Thanks in advance.

Snapfish is not a great site for photo sharing. I think it's mainly intended to be used for buying prints.

Some pictures from a bike ride through Providence on Saturday, May 30th:

Mill at Harris Ave & Eagle St:

HarrisAveMill.jpg

Monohasset Mills:

MonahassetMills.jpg

State House & Promenade from bike route:

PromenadeBikeway.jpg

The Foundry:

TheFoundry.jpg

Providence Place from the Woonasquatucket River:

WoonasquatucketRiver.jpg

Providence Place:

PPM-FromWoonasquatucket.jpg

G-Tech/Westin/PPM:

CapitalCenter.jpg

State House:

StateHouse.jpg

Waterplace Tower:

Waterplace-EastTower.jpg

Blue Cross/Blue Shield:

BCBS.jpg

Industrial National:

BCBS-Waterplace.jpg

Capitol Cove:

CapitolCove.jpg

Edited by Griswald

Very nice! Love the pics of the restored mill buildings. It's been way too long since I saw a good set of photos taken around the city. Thanks!

I still can't believe how wrong I was in my initial opinions of the Waterplace buildings. I expected that they would be hideous when completed. And for that matter, I also thought I would love Westin II. Wrong on both counts, and badly so!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...