Providence/RI Photo of the day - by Garris

Garris

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wicked photos J! Those look like panoramas pieced together from individual shots. It's amazing one lens could produce those results. It must have terrible lense flare in low light, though.

I've been playing around with this image for a while. I hope you all enjoy!

- Garris

independencemanwithmooncopy0lj.jpg

Edited by Garris

Garris, you should post your excellent pics to the providenceri.com website. Great compositions, exposures, etc. They're as good or better than the professional photo collections that are already up there. Also would make a great calendar. (We need a good local calendar since the RI Tree Council stopped doing theirs.)

Personally I would love some pics of Westminster St.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! I'm trying (very slowly...) to put together a website gallery of the shots I've posted here (and some I haven't). I figure that will be easier to access then going through all of the posts. Maybe I'll submit it to the Providenceri.com folks when I'm done!

While I'm working on the gallery, here's another one of my "fog" shots, this one from about 11:30 that amazing night.

fogoldstone16wq.jpg

- Garris

Edited by Garris

Biltmore from Arcade Parking Garage:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do I have a problem picturing the Arcade Parking Garage in my mind? It is the more modern parking garage across the street on Weybossett?

- Garris

PS: I went to PPAC for the first time to see Stomp the other night. What a beautiful theater!

Hi everyone!

I've started to put the photos I've been posting here on a website to make them easier to access. As I keep posting here, I'll add to the website. This is my first attempt at anything web-wise in about 8 or 9 years, so it's raw. There's no way to head backwards yet except the back button in your browser, but for now, here's the link:

http://members.cox.net/garrisphotography/garrisphoto.html

In the meantime, here are some additional images. Enjoy!

- Garris

PS: Can anyone recommend a free website counter?

More from the foggy night, this one from about 11:30 PM:

fogskylineeast1copy1pj.jpg

BONUS IMAGES:

The Wellesley College Boathouse in the Autumn:

wellesleyboathousecopy0uj.jpg

The Hudson River, from the Boscobel Historic Home:

highlandsdrama13hw.jpg

Edited by Garris

Thought you guys would enjoy this comparison... Got to the 27th floor of the Industrial Trust Building on Friday. Good times. The orginal photo is from 1982, taken from almost the same spot, by a photographer for the HABS/HAER. My film hasnt come back yet but these are some digital shots stitched together.

cityscape_2005.jpg

cityscape_1982.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

It's been a while since the last update, with most (if not all thus far) also on members.cox.net/garrisphotography/garrisphoto.html.

- Garris

More from the foggy night, this time, rebuilding the Masonic Temple:

rebuildingtemple6yw.jpg

Moving a bit South, here's a picture from Jamestown, Rhode Island, with more to come!:

bridgenightcopy0rk.jpg

BONUS IMAGES:

Far from my best, but it's one of my only Boston images, this one from the Copley Westin:

skylinefromhotel5pc.jpg

This one, also from the hotel, of the Christ Scientist Church in Boston:

christscientist1xp.jpg

Going elsewhere in New England, here's a view of the Burlington, Vermont waterfront dock:

burlingtondockduskcopy2xe.jpg

Edited by Garris

What exactly is going on with the Masonic building?  What are they going to do with it?  I've been curious about it for a long time (continuously seeing it empty & derelict from I-95, with incomprehensible graffiti on the top).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's becoming a Hotel.

• 2 weeks later...