Columbia Relocation

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a website that has tons of pics of Columbia and lots of information about the arts ,performing arts in particular, places to go, etc., but I can't give you the address else I will be soundly scolded and possibaly baned from the blog by the administrator of Urban Planet. It started out as a labor of love for Columbia; but because I have some limited advertising on it I am forbidden to promote it on this blog. I understand that the powers that be don't want this blog to turn into a billboard!

I hope you can find it on your own. There are lots of pics of some of our urban neighborhoods too.

............................................................................. :(

This situation is, of course, to be fair to our paying advertizers. Anyone wishing to pay (with appropriate content of course) can have their site advertized on UP.

Pricemiller,

I tried to PM you but I received back the following message:

"This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or their personal messenger inbox is full.

This personal message has not been sent"

............................................................ :(

• 10 months later...

Hey All! I just got word that I'll be moving BACK to Cola Town in February 2007 from Charlotte, NC!

I'm considering looking at apts downtown...and have checked out all the website photos from Vista Commons to everything by Capitol...

If I weren't going to be directly downtown...where would I want to be?

I lived in the NE area about 6 years ago...and I'd rather not go there again. My new office will be downtown...so I'd like to be as close as possible. Plus, walking distance/short drive to nightlife is a necessity :)

Looking forward to whatever help you can offer. THANK YOU!!!!!

Hey All! I just got word that I'll be moving BACK to Cola Town in February 2007 from Charlotte, NC!

I'm considering looking at apts downtown...and have checked out all the website photos from Vista Commons to everything by Capitol...

I lived in the NE area about 6 years ago...and I'd rather not go there again. My new office will be downtown...so I'd like to be as close as possible. Plus, walking distance/short drive to nightlife is a necessity :)

The condos in Renaissance Plaza seem to be a great location. They are right off of Lady St. which will soon be a point of attraction, and right by publix. There are the Vista Lofts as well. Personally -_- I think Vista Commons is a nice spot, if you are looking ot be around a fairly young crowd. :yahoo: i have personally considered living there myself, and I dont think it is un-walkable. It places you directly in the mix of the vista. Getting anywhere in the downtown area is going to required a few blocks travel, so I can't imagine Vista Commons being a difficult walk.

I think the biggest factor will be where your place of employment is exactly located. By the time of your relocation, many places will be available on main st. (barringer apts) and there are all the developments right outside of the city center that will be available as well... condos and apts near the stadium, grand devine condos,...

Where will your job be downtown, and what age group do you care to live near? :huh:

Depending on your rent price range, my vote would have to be Vista Lofts (if there are any available), the Barringer Building apartments by Capitol Places on Main, or the Tapps Building apartments also managed by CP. As far as apartments that are walking distance to nightlife, other than Vista Commons (a tad too "common" in their design for me)... those would be my best picks. But there are some other options if those aren't the right fit for you. Let us know. :)

Edited by emerging.me

Thanks for the help!

I'm considering houses around the area that may be for rent...but not ready for the whole real estate thing.

My office is on Huger...I can drive there if I must, I drive in Charlotte now. (Would be too afraid to try walking on Tyvola!)

I'm in my twirties...so a young professional crowd would be preferable.

Vista Lofts is GREAT - but too expensive for my wallet :(. Vista Commons fits better, but agreed, it is very vanilla.

I will definitely have to check out what Capitol has to offer at that point...or the house/condo for rent market.

You guys are awesome! thank you for your help!!!! and add anymore that you can think of!

Thanks for the help!

I'm considering houses around the area that may be for rent...but not ready for the whole real estate thing.

My office is on Huger...I can drive there if I must, I drive in Charlotte now. (Would be too afraid to try walking on Tyvola!)

I'm in my twirties...so a young professional crowd would be preferable.

Vista Lofts is GREAT - but too expensive for my wallet :(. Vista Commons fits better, but agreed, it is very vanilla.

I will definitely have to check out what Capitol has to offer at that point...or the house/condo for rent market.

You guys are awesome! thank you for your help!!!! and add anymore that you can think of!

Edited by emerging.me

Hey dont forget the condos of renaissance plaza, they are kinda off of huger behind that police station and I have walked in that area before. :thumbsup:

Here are two other organizations for young professionals: Columbia Young Professionals (CYP) and the Black Tie Network (www.blacktienetwork.org) :shades:

King, I think we should nominate you to succeed Bob Barker! :)

There are the Vista Lofts as well. Personally -_- I think Vista Commons is a nice spot, if you are looking ot be around a fairly young crowd. :yahoo: i have personally considered living there myself, and I dont think it is un-walkable. It places you directly in the mix of the vista. Getting anywhere in the downtown area is going to required a few blocks travel, so I can't imagine Vista Commons being a difficult walk.

Hey dont forget the condos of renaissance plaza, they are kinda off of huger behind that police station and I have walked in that area before. :thumbsup:

Here are two other organizations for young professionals: Columbia Young Professionals (CYP) and the Black Tie Network (www.blacktienetwork.org) :shades: