MPLS: The Nicollet

NorthStar

I think I heard The Nicollet just bought WCCO! The bigger footprint (now a block long) will allow the tower to expand to 119 stories. And Paul Douglas will do his outdoor reporting of the weather from atop the metal arc.

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know you're joking, but WCCO just announced plans to incorporate the condo developments into their new remodeled urban-outdoor news set.

"[WCCO GM] Piette said the station might sometimes broadcast from the Nicollet's 12th-floor outdoor deck."

http://www.startribune.com/stories/389/5507523.html

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My question was what is over-saturated? - hard v. soft lofts or Low rise v. high rise, both etc.

industrial, etc.

The article I read said "loft-type" were oversaturated. I assumed that to mean any warehouse conversion (801, Itasca, Northstar, Sexton, Bookman) but possibly buildings that have the exposed ductwork and concrete floors and ceilings too.

On a related note I read in the skyway news that two-story condos have not sold as well as one-story condos and that one of the Ddvelopers along Washington Ave is redesigning phaseII of their development to only include one story units.

AvianKeahi posted the following picture of the Nicollet composited into the image, which MSPtoMKE supplied. The picture shows how the Nicollet would fit into the skyline at its original height of 625'. As most of you already know, there's a great chance the tower will become taller. Thank you AvianKeahi. You did an excellent job.

Here's the link:

http://www.twincityscape.com/forum/viewtop...t=555&start=420

AvianKeahi posted the following picture of the Nicollet composited into the image, which MSPtoMKE supplied.  The picture shows how the Nicollet would fit into the skyline at its original height of 625'.  As most of you already know, there's a great chance the tower will become taller.  Thank you AvianKeahi.  You did an excellent job.

Here's the link:

http://www.twincityscape.com/forum/viewtop...t=555&start=420

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, I really like the rendering he did. For some reason though, it doesn't stand out as much as I thought it would. Maybe its just the angle or I had too high of expectations... :huh:

Just as I stated, the plans are constantly changing. AvianKeahi just posted new information over at tcscape. The tower is now at 650'7", and there will be 53 floors plus 2 floors of mechanical. AvianKeahi also stated that there will be no blank wall at the base on the south side. Scientology building looks to be remodeled and absorbed into the base.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Almost Thanksgiving and nothing going on - anybody heard anything?

LOL, a party? Glad to see their priorities are straight. Two months behind in just the initial demolition phase already, and they're whoopin' it up with Martinis. Hilarious.

Ooops, dang. I always quote the wrong reply.

• 1 month later...

I keep hearing rumors from Real Estate types that this project has so many issues, it will never get built.

Please elaborate.

I haven't heard anything indicating that the project will never get built. Now that the Pillsbury mill project is suffering a major set back, one would have to think the Nicollet will be a definite go.

Please elaborate.

I haven't heard anything indicating that the project will never get built. Now that the Pillsbury mill project is suffering a major set back, one would have to think the Nicollet will be a definite go.

That's the precise thought I had after hearing of the Pillsbury story. That's a lot of market potentially being shoved back across the river. Maybe its time for another Martini party to keep people jazzed up about the project, LOL. "I'll have a Nicolletini, please."

just a lot of buzz about financing problems, other payment problems, lackluster sales --- many in the real estate biz seem skeptical.

And, the number of days for existing and new construction on the market is getting longer and longer --- Grant Park has numerous units on the market for more than six months --and it is far cheaper than the Nicollett. It has some thinking that the demand is more than met by the existing projects. All the speculators (which may have represented 30% of the market) seem to have gone away.

Archived