Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK_D

What happened to the site layout?

UK_D    0

Erm... is it just me or has the site been totally changed?

What was wrong with the old layout?

Cotuit    0

Big changes coming. :)

Neo's still working on things, probably a few little tweaks in the next few hours.

UK_D    0

Big changes coming. :)

Neo's still working on things, probably a few little tweaks in the next few hours.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oooh, ok then. Cheers (thumb up smiley.. since they not working lol)

Cotuit    0

(thumb up smiley.. since they not working lol)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I noticed that too, Neo's working on that, among a few other things. Have you checked out the new 'home' page which replaces the portal? Click 'home' at the top of the page. The goal is to have the forum match the look of that. And over the next few months, more things will be added to UP. :thumbsup: <--- if you know the code for the emoticons, they still work. :)

Cotuit    0

It'd be sweet to make the forum look like the new homepage look.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There were too many little bugs and not enough time to fix them in the updated forum look. Something like it will be back soon, when Neo has another day to waste playing with the forum. :lol:

monsoon    0

We are still having lots of discussions on the changes. Comments & Ideas are appreciated. I can't promise we will implement any of them, as we are not even sure if this is the final layout, but please let us hear them.

UK_D    0

I really like it the way it is. Its easy to the eye and its stylish.. I say leave it.. but then again im not on here near as much time as some of you guys.. so.. whatever, lol.

Aessotariq    1

Another friendly suggestion: use all-capital letters in moderation.

Wishlist: Copy the header functions (Search, New Posts, etc.) to the footer as well.

Keep up the good work!

monsoon    0

Ok, if you guys would like to try the new skin, its still a work in progress, we have tuned on the skin selectamatic at the bottom of the the main forum page. Use the pulldown and select 2005A. If you try it out, please provide some suggestions and comments. The Staff would really appreciate it.

Aessotariq    1

Hi monsoon: the new skin is starting to grow on me...

The colors feel are a bit softer on the eyes. If you have the option of making multiple skins available, perhaps once this one is finalized, you can create multiple color schemes from which to choose.

For kicks, you could devise urban or architectually-themed names for each scheme, like something called Pavement (greys and white), Suburbia (green and some other light complementary color), Mediterranean (terra cotta and pink stucco colors), etc etc... just a thought.