Name your DT eateries

pompeyjohnson

uptownliving: There is a scene, where Hal gets back his "real" vision and his girl/neighbor across from his apartment asks him to go out for a dinner. Then, they both go to a restaurant (most likely Uptown Charlotte), where Hal's girlfriend walks in with her parents. Hal goes to public phone inside the restaurant, after passing by his girlfriend (he doesn't really know how she looked before Anthony Robbins gave him the power to see the "real" person); then he calls her cellular phone number and she tells him pretty much that he is a psycho, since he passed her by without talking to her... Anyway, if anyone is aware of the name of that restaurant, I'm very curious to know.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the scene in the nice restaurant is capital grille. The one where she flattens the chair was in Fuel.

Uptownliving, the Appleby's is a hotel restaurant in the Adams Mark, its not the same as "Applebees". There isnt an entire chain of "Applybys" is there? Ive never seen another. Also, CCP is merely paying the bills and answering phones for Southend while it gets its act together. They're still two separate Bids with separate boards and separate tax checks from the city. In the near future, an actual merger may occur.

I'd take it on down towards Remount. SouthEnd Brewery and Atherton Mill are south of the East Blvd intersection anyway.

It seems like there are some businesses down near Scaleybark with the "SouthEnd" in their name... but obviously that part of South Blvd isn't as nice and trendy as the northern parts. This intersection is also where that fancy elevated LRT track will be, and where they will be building the station in the middle of the road. So, redevelopment will come to that area for sure.

There is a "SouthEnd" redevelopment project underway (according to the biz journal) on S Tryon south of Remount...

Personally, I'd end it at Remount. However, the way it's growing, you may have to extend it a few more miles down the road in a few years to around woodlawn. Then you can also claim Don Quioxte and Beef 'n Bottle for SouthEnd.

Ha! This is so funny to me. Iwaited until Ighoyt thiry some-odd replies before I said anything......................well anyway. I don't know how many restaurants we have here in Durham Downtown,but I'll give it a go.

Theres:

Fowlers

Devines

Down underPUb and grill

Fishmongers

Bread and Kabob

McD's

Carolina Blue Co. (?)

...A lot of Hot dog joints and subs joints on main street( they are usually open for lunch time.

Talk of the Town

The executive

and we even have few jamacan grills

If it is safe to say that ninth street is a part of Downtown then, they have a lot of bars , grills and eateries that cater to nitelife of the Duke students!

Nikos Taverna, in Brightleaf Square (DT Durham), is an excellent place to eat... and not a chain either. There is at least one more eatery in that building, too.

uptownliving: I agree with you, George's Garage is an excellent place, and so is Francesca's. Parizade's Cafe, at the First Union Plaza (is that what is called?) is also an excellent restaurant. I am not sure if 9th Street area is considered part of DT Durham, but personally I would include it, as well.

Archived