Providence Projects v2.0

Here's yet another big PVD redevelopment project (>3 acres), this time in South Providence on Gordon St. The former Beaman and Smith complex, later Federated Lithography will transformed into a mixed use site with residential, commercial, and office space. The biggest component will be a community health care center.

Here's a link to the Projo article: http://www.alleblo.com/node/1163

The buildings to be rehabbed are pictured here:

http://www.provplan.org/pps/detail.asp?UID=BESM

http://www.provplan.org/pps/detail.asp?UID=BSM2

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I might have heard something about plans for this space somewhere on this site but either way I just saw a bunch of suits checking out the parking lot across from Imperial Place (between Hoppin, Bassett, and Imperial) No blueprints or anything but their hand motions seemed to "spec out" different structures (or one big one) on that parcel. Anyone know of plans for this site?

Anyone know of plans for this site?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not I. J&W is eyeing the land under 195 adjacent to there. And Brown of course is in the Coro Center, so those are two groups that could be interested in the area. It's sure a good place for some tall housing along the highway, as proposed in the Providence 2020 plan.

I remember Proccianti saying a few months ago in the Projo that he is just waiting for the westin deal to go through.. along with that he said something to the affect of "the holiday inn is ready to be gutted for renovations.". Has this renovation got anything to do with the proposed high-end Hilton hotel, and if it does or doesnt, have these renovations started yet?

The Holiday is 40 years old and out dated. Why don't they just tear ir down and build new.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They will likely try to keep it open while renovating to keep the money flowing in, it's not unusal for hotels to do this, even during a major renovation, in fact it's unusual for them to shut down (though apparently Proc. shut down a property they have in Hartford for renovation). If they do a tear down and rebuild they'd be out on the income for about two years.

It would really hurt the convention center to lose those rooms for an extended period.

Thought I might have heard something about plans for this space somewhere on this site but either way I just saw a bunch of suits checking out the parking lot across from Imperial Place (between Hoppin, Bassett, and Imperial) No blueprints or anything but their hand motions seemed to "spec out" different structures (or one big one) on that parcel. Anyone know of plans for this site?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just stumbled upon this:

ImperialPlace.jpg

Imperial Place

Project Summary:

Type: New Construction

Use: Office / Retail/ Residential

Size: 137,000 sf

http://churchillbanks.com/development.cfm?pID=17&dId=17

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have no idea what the status is, or if their are proposed tenants or anything.

I wasn't able to make any of those meetings earlier this month regarding design plans for Providence but I was able to get my hands on a booklet that may overlap or be the same as the discussed propositions for the 195 land. I've only scanned these 4 pages but if there's interest I'll put up the rest.

Enjoy and I hope I've put these pics up the right way.

rendering.jpg

plan.jpg

connections.jpg

specs.jpg

That's Ship Street Canal. It's an awesome concept, but it's been passed over. I'd love for you to scan the rest of it. If you want to email me the full sized scans I can host them and we can make a "lost project" thread out of it.

• 1 month later...

Archived