Massive Pinnacle Place breaks ground

bobliocatt

I agree, if you're going to invest in an observation tower, it needs to be clearly taller than all the buildings surrounding it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Either taller than everything else around it or equal to the tallest building when built; otherwise, make it a 1,000 footer to ensure that it won't be challenged for quite some time!

FLORIDA SKYRISE ORDER

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO the tower needs to be taller than that. With all the development going on, this thing is not going to be the landmark it could be. It will just barely peek over some of the new things (i.e. Trump Tower and others) which will be about the same height...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check out skyscraperpage.com for Tampa. It will show them in the diagram. They look about as tall as the beercan. Also check out the website for o2. They have updated it and it shows views from the 10th, 20th, 30th & 40th floors. The views looking at the backside of downtown are pretty crappy. There just isn't enough buildings to look at (yet!). I think the view of channelside from certain distances will be great though, especially from the Crosstown or Bayshore.

Archived