Amsterdam

Loughlin

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

True, Amsterdam has more canals than Venice and more bridges than Paris. Recently the city decided to make more of that, should be interesting to see what they come up with.

I seriously do not know a single Dutch person who eats hash brownies. Maybe in late high-school, but weed and hash are generally being smoked, not eaten. It *is* good in chocolate, though.

• 1 year later...

When I left Amsterdam 3 years ago they had begun work on a new metro running from Central Station under the IJ and then under the canals in the direction of the Muntplein. They also had plans to dramatically alter traffic flow in front of Central Station - where does the construction stand now?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have been to Amsterdam so many times that it isn't special any more. I usually stay in Utrech which is a 15 minute train ride and more typically Dutch. There is plenty of fun to be had in Amsterdam though. I normally go there for Indonesian food which is the best in the world. I'm just not big into tourists. If possible while in Holland, go to the seashore and visit the surrounding towns that are magnificant. The Dutch are the nicest people in the world other than my native southerners (IMHO). Everything is so close. Oh yea, I remember the last time in Amsterdam, I was devoured by mosquitos. Check out the room first. Oh yea, last thing, the continental breakfasts are magnificant. Definately not like the Day's Inn.

Archived