Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allan

Madden Building, Detroit

13 posts in this topic

Height: 450 Feet (137 meters)

Floors: 30

Year: 1989

Architects: Heller and Leake (San Francisco) & BEI Associates (Detroit)

206257.jpg

206258.jpg

CBD%20211_JPG.jpg

CBD%20271_JPG.jpg

cbdb099_JPG.jpg

skyline593_jpg.jpg

detroit18.jpg

This is one of my favorite buildings in the city. It amazes me how both the Madden Building & Comerica Tower were built when the city was at its lowest point though. It is amazing the progress the city has made between the late 1980s/early 1990s & now.

this is my favorite building in detroit thanks for the pics Furture

even though most of the US skyscraper boom is arguably dead, it still amazes me that detroit was able to get madden and comerica during a low point.....maybe there's some in the future......

I hope there's more in the future, but right now I think we need to concentrate on saving the old buildings we already have...after all, we don't want more surface lots! I know there is a proposal to redevelop the Slater Hotel, and there are rumors that an announcement will be made soon regarding Borderick Tower. Additionally, there are rumors of a deal which would fill another block at Campus Martius. Things are definately looking good for the city :)!!

Good looking building. Nice shots of DT Detroit too. I'm starting to have an interest in going there and checking it out for myelf.

It is a nice building. Unfortunately the pics aren't showing for me :(.

It is a beautiful building. I hope that this will help spur even more development in Detroit in the future.

That one, Comerica Tower, Penobscott, Broderick Tower, Parkplace and The Fisher are my favorite Detroit buildings.

But when the Madden was built, it was listed at 470 ft.

I like how Madden and Comerica blend with the old.

My sister in law once visited Detroit from Alabama, she didn't realize that those two buildings were modern at first.

150 West Jefferson and Comerica Tower look right t home in the skyline with all those historic skyscrapers. I'd have to say that the Guardian Building, the Fisher Building, the Penobscot Building, and Broderick Tower are my favorite buildings. Now if only that idiot slumlord Mike Higgins can renovate the Broderick into apartments. I'd love to have an apartment in that building! It provides the best view of the skyline, IMO.