North Hills / Midtown area developments

DigitalSky

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

I stay confused because in an earlier map 4 and 5 were noted as 3 and 4 (about page 7 in this thread), and there were 3D renderings to match. It looks like Allscripts is now sitting where there was once just going to be a parking deck....? Blurgh....

Edited by Jones_

This is a good point though, that this might just be for the Tower 4 plot of land, leaving room for a future Tower 5. I don't remember the details of the Tower 4 plan but it looks like a good bit of the tower includes residential (with the balconies on the taller tower). Has there been any mention of residential components as a part of Tower 4?

Ah I didn't notice those balconies until you pointed them out! Unlike the Soleil plan at Crabtree, I think NH could actually pull off condo sales in a setup as rendered. Two towers on one parking pedestal. Since it's all technically one building Kane could build the condos and get bank financing for them with no presales if the office part is all preleased...just a side by side version of the PNC tower downtown (this becase banks don't finance spec condos anymore...50% presales, builder cash or other financing required). My musing is moot if its apartments...

3 hours ago, Jones_ said:

Ah I didn't notice those balconies until you pointed them out! Unlike the Soleil plan at Crabtree, I think NH could actually pull off condo sales in a setup as rendered. Two towers on one parking pedestal. Since it's all technically one building Kane could build the condos and get bank financing for them with no presales if the office part is all preleased...just a side by side version of the PNC tower downtown (this becase banks don't finance spec condos anymore...50% presales, builder cash or other financing required). My musing is moot if its apartments...

Maybe 60 units if each balcony is one unit. You can see the pool just to the right of the tower on top of the parking deck.

I guess we could have just looked at Kane's site rather than guess at residential components:

The 32-story, mixeduse project will feature 12 floors and approximately 305,315 rentable square feet of Class A office space, 20 levels of luxury apartments, a 10-story hotel, streetlevel retail as well as terrace level outdoor dining and many other amenity spaces.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:36 PM, Green_man said:

Site review plan (SR-101-16) submitted to the city for this hotel/residential tower (31 stories, 381 ft tall) & office tower (20 floor, 250 ft) project.   Building takes up entire block to the extended Market St.

A TBJ article confirmed that the towers will be 31 stories and 20 stories.

On 12/12/2016 at 3:36 PM, Green_man said:

Site review plan (SR-101-16) submitted to the city for this hotel/residential tower (31 stories, 381 ft tall) & office tower (20 floor, 250 ft) project.   Building takes up entire block to the extended Market St.

Link if you want to look at it: https://www.raleighnc.gov/content/PlanDev/Documents/DevServ/DevPlans/Reviews/2016/SiteReview/SR-101-16.pdfnorthhillstower4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Kane was honored as the N&O's Tar Heel of the Year.  They had a mini slideshow with the article and one showed a sneak peak at the North Hills East East expansion plans...

Comparing to the recently submitted master plan zoning application:

• Tracts Q + R and Tract U look like a mid-rise residential buildings with parking decks.
  • Tract T and Tract V look like the area's signature towers and are proposed zoned up to 250 feet.

north hills east.jpg

north hills east master plan.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was driving down Wake Forest Rd yesterday and noticed a sign at the corner of WF and McNeill for a commercial development.  

What ever happened to this?  http://www.trademarknc.com/properties/archived/kyle/2305 Wake Forest Road Flyer.pdf  

Seems like a not-so-great place to put in some shops right this moment, but I imagine in the near future this could be a decent location.