North Hills / Midtown area developments

DigitalSky

• 4 weeks later...

5 hours ago, Rufus said:

One thing that these renderings get me excited about is the breakup from the beige stucco/EFIS of the entire original NH. Let's hope this vision of some masonry will come to fruition to help make the center look less...beige. 

EIFS (artificial stucco)  was a big "thing" years ago, when the original NH sections were built.  I've never seen it used as much in a single development as NH used it.  This new section doesn't appear to have any, thank goodness.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 3:57 PM, KJHburg said:

I think they need this tower the Advance Auto tower to complete as they are using that land now for a lay down yard then they can start the 35 story Walter Tower.  

They've already started the site work for the Walter Tower. Rode by there twice this week and there is a lot of activity inside the perimeter fencing surrounding the Walter site.  I actually stopped and peeked inside to look.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

a folding brochure was the inspiration evidently from Twitter today

9pELZnxG_normal.jpeg

We are sharing North Hills Advance Auto Parts Tower's latest construction update. Swipe to see the inspiration for the office tower! #dudapaine #raleigharchitecture #raleighhighrise

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Raleigh Walker said:

The approach from 440 on 23Mar2020. Advance Auto Parts sign has been up for about a week. Looks good. Walter Tower, at 35 floors, seems like it will really tower over the rest if the buildings. 

20200323-095251.jpg
20200323-095229.jpg
20200323-095157.jpg
20200323-095155.jpg
20200323-095154.jpg

The Advanced Auto Parts sign is quite small. You can't really make it out until you're right up on it.

13 hours ago, RALNATIVE said:

The Advanced Auto Parts sign is quite small. You can't really make it out until you're right up on it.

Agreed it's very small and the red color choice makes it hard to read against the blue glass. Bigger + white was what I was expecting. There's a white sign on the other side of the building for some insurance group. AIT Insurance or something

34 minutes ago, Raleigh Walker said:

Agreed it's very small and the red color choice makes it hard to read against the blue glass. Bigger + white was what I was expecting. There's a white sign on the other side of the building for some insurance group. AIT Insurance or something

Yes, it looks really odd, but nonetheless i'm glad to see it there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
10 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

North Hills is pretty nice, but I’d prefer to see development occur in downtown Raleigh.

I like seeing development in both. Having a secondary skyline pop up is really cool. After Walter Tower is complete and Midtown Exchange gets going, the Midtown Raleigh skyline will rival downtown Durham's. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Raleigh Walker said:

I like seeing development in both. Having a secondary skyline pop up is really cool. After Walter Tower is complete and Midtown Exchange gets going, the Midtown Raleigh skyline will rival downtown Durham's. 

While Durham has beautiful, old buildings, which NH obviously does not, NH still has a way better skyline than Durham already.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2