DigitalSky

North Hills / Midtown area developments

52 minutes ago, NOLA2CLT said:

Awesome Pics KJ...any word on when the Walter is starting construction?  I would assume it will begin after AAP tower is completed, but some sites already list it as under construction.    

I think they need this tower the Advance Auto tower to complete as they are using that land now for a lay down yard then they can start the 35 story Walter Tower.  

• Like 2

It looks like Ruth's Chris building will be replaced in all of this. I wonder what the plan is for that location.
Great looking stuff, though!

I recall seeing a Ruth's Chris in the bottom floor of one of the buildings in one of the renderings, although I don't happen to see it in any of those..

Ah, there it is. This rendering shows it staying right where it is, only at the bottom of a multi-story building. I guess that means it would be closed for a year or two during construction?

image.thumb.png.8c0fdb0a3e90a6825c0d27145ac4a21e.png

• Like 2

One thing that these renderings get me excited about is the breakup from the beige stucco/EFIS of the entire original NH. Let's hope this vision of some masonry will come to fruition to help make the center look less...beige. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rufus said:

One thing that these renderings get me excited about is the breakup from the beige stucco/EFIS of the entire original NH. Let's hope this vision of some masonry will come to fruition to help make the center look less...beige. 

EIFS (artificial stucco)  was a big "thing" years ago, when the original NH sections were built.  I've never seen it used as much in a single development as NH used it.  This new section doesn't appear to have any, thank goodness.

• Like 3

^^ a Restoration Hardware with cafe like that is under construction now in Charlotte at Phillips Place near Southpark Mall.    North Hills would be a great location for one in Raleigh for sure. 

• Like 3

On 12/19/2019 at 3:57 PM, KJHburg said:

I think they need this tower the Advance Auto tower to complete as they are using that land now for a lay down yard then they can start the 35 story Walter Tower.  

They've already started the site work for the Walter Tower. Rode by there twice this week and there is a lot of activity inside the perimeter fencing surrounding the Walter site.  I actually stopped and peeked inside to look.

• Like 3

a folding brochure was the inspiration evidently from Twitter today

9pELZnxG_normal.jpeg

We are sharing North Hills Advance Auto Parts Tower's latest construction update. Swipe to see the inspiration for the office tower! #dudapaine #raleigharchitecture #raleighhighrise

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The approach from 440 on 23Mar2020. Advance Auto Parts sign has been up for about a week. Looks good. Walter Tower, at 35 floors, seems like it will really tower over the rest if the buildings. 

20200323-095251.jpg
20200323-095229.jpg
20200323-095157.jpg
20200323-095155.jpg
20200323-095154.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Raleigh Walker said:

The approach from 440 on 23Mar2020. Advance Auto Parts sign has been up for about a week. Looks good. Walter Tower, at 35 floors, seems like it will really tower over the rest if the buildings. 

20200323-095251.jpg
20200323-095229.jpg
20200323-095157.jpg
20200323-095155.jpg
20200323-095154.jpg

The Advanced Auto Parts sign is quite small. You can't really make it out until you're right up on it.

13 hours ago, RALNATIVE said:

The Advanced Auto Parts sign is quite small. You can't really make it out until you're right up on it.

Agreed it's very small and the red color choice makes it hard to read against the blue glass. Bigger + white was what I was expecting. There's a white sign on the other side of the building for some insurance group. AIT Insurance or something

34 minutes ago, Raleigh Walker said:

Agreed it's very small and the red color choice makes it hard to read against the blue glass. Bigger + white was what I was expecting. There's a white sign on the other side of the building for some insurance group. AIT Insurance or something

Yes, it looks really odd, but nonetheless i'm glad to see it there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Advance Auto Tower looks great and the crane and the new 33 story Walter apartment tower has gone vertical.  Today.   from walking and drive bys including from I-440 and no I was not driving. 

Still the biggest most dense suburban mixed use project between DC and Atlanta.  the astroturf at the Coastal Credit Union stage was green as ever. 

IMG_8247.JPG

IMG_8248.JPG

IMG_8350.JPG

IMG_8351.JPG

IMG_8352.JPG

IMG_8353.JPG

IMG_8354.JPG

IMG_8358.JPG

IMG_8360.JPG

IMG_8362.JPG

IMG_8363.JPG

IMG_8364.JPG

IMG_8365.JPG

IMG_8366.JPG

IMG_8367.JPG

IMG_8368.JPG

IMG_8369.JPG

IMG_8370.JPG

IMG_8371.JPG

IMG_8375.JPG

I still don't like the Advanced Auto Parts sign, but it does look better at night when lit.

• Like 3