North Hills / Midtown area developments

DigitalSky

• 1 month later...

Looks like ground has broken for the hotel on the East side of Six Forks across the street from the Captrust tower.

And TBJ has an article about Yard House filling space at the bottom of the Captrust building. Looks like they are essentially another draft house type restaurant.

• 4 weeks later...

The second link appears to be about a Light Rail station being added to the mall and the influx of commuters using it as a park and ride to go elsewhere. The proposed North Hills transit will be quite different and mainly serve trips within North Hills area and extend to Wake Forest Rd. It would likely still necessitate people driving to the area in the first place and then using the people mover. It would be great if they could extend the monorail another 1.0 mile to the proposed Light Rail station at Atlantic Ave & Six Forks intersection!! Then you wouldn't need a car at all!

oh boy, how I wish this could come to fruition soon. just imagine how light rail or PRT would change not just Raleigh, but the entire Triangle. The problem is that too many Raleigh official still think of it as a tiny sleepy city of the 1970s when, in a 15 years, it will probably have a MSA population of nearly 2 million people. Public Transit planning needs to be forward-thinking, not based on things as they were or even are now.

Edited by DCMetroRaleigh

• 4 weeks later...

Kane just sold the Park & Market apartments, which are the apartments at North Hills East, for $82 million. Seems he didn't necessarily intend to do this, but was in default on some of the loans from developing North Hills. This sale provides enough capital to pay those loans ($26 million) and probably continue to move forward with expansion and construction.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Is there more construction about to get off the ground over at North HIlls?  I noticed driving by the other day that all the screening that used to be on the chain link fencing has been removed and newish looking orange construction erosion material has been put in place here.

Edited by DPK

I know there is a new hotel under construction on the east side of NH, but it's not on that lot.

Yeah the hotel is on the plot of land southeast of the Captrust Tower.  Then again all that wind we had the other week might have blown off the fence screening too, now that I think about it.  No idea.  Kane has always surprised me so who knows.

• 2 weeks later...

That was designed as a 49 unit ultra luxury condo building so it would need a significant redesign to be turned into apartments.

Although I do agree, I'd like to see the rest of North Hills West built out, including the mid-rise office buildings that were planned but then canceled because the city (stupidly, IMO) refused to let them build close enough to Six Forks Road.

• 3 weeks later...

Kane is expected to invest more than $250 million in North Hills development projects in 2013:

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2013/01/28/slideshow-check-out-raleighs.html

A 19 story tower is planned next to the CapTrust tower:

tower%20two%204.jpg?v=1

A digital rendering of the proposed 19-story tall Tower Two office building (right) at North Hills as it would be viewed from Six Forks Road. The existing 17-story CapTrust Tower building is on the right.
Edited by RALNATIVE

Of course, I love the height and square footage, but can't someone in Raleigh build a tower with spikes, crowns, parallelograms, or domes? 

The new SECU building is just that....

Also the second slide shows three buildings of similar heights (19 stories or more) facing the beltline and the originally proposed buildings up on Six Forks on the original NH side....

Edited by Jones133