North Hills / Midtown area developments

DigitalSky

all North Hills and Kane's Midtown today.  Finishing touches on the Advance Auto Tower and the Walter 35 story apartment tower is beginning to rise.  on foot and by car. 

More photos of North Hills and Midtown then you will care to see LOL but remember I am up only every few months.    Will be in this fall again of course. 

First shots from I-440    the sun got brighter the longer I stayed.   Plus some photos of the new apartments along St Albans. 

I have said it before but will say it again this is the most dense suburban project between Atlanta and DC metro.   

IMG_2542.JPG

IMG_2543.JPG

IMG_2545.JPG

IMG_2546.JPG

IMG_2547.JPG

IMG_2548.JPG

IMG_2549.JPG

IMG_2550.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

IMG_2552.JPG

IMG_2554.JPG

IMG_2557.JPG

IMG_2558.JPG

IMG_2559.JPG

IMG_2560.JPG

IMG_2564.JPG

IMG_2565.JPG

IMG_2566.JPG

IMG_2567.JPG

IMG_2568.JPG

IMG_2569.JPG

IMG_2571.JPG

IMG_2577.JPG

IMG_2575.JPG

IMG_2578.JPG

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

all North Hills and Kane's Midtown today.  Finishing touches on the Advance Auto Tower and the Walter 35 story apartment tower is beginning to rise.  on foot and by car. 

More photos of North Hills and Midtown then you will care to see LOL but remember I am up only every few months.    Will be in this fall again of course. 

First shots from I-440    the sun got brighter the longer I stayed.   Plus some photos of the new apartments along St Albans. 

I have said it before but will say it again this is the most dense suburban project between Atlanta and DC metro.  

IMG_2571.JPG

Any pics of that McLaren? :shades:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

about Midtown Exchange and its progress from a Triangle Biz Journal article about the developer

""You announced Midtown Exchange last year. How is that project going?

It’s been great. We’re getting ready to start grading on Midtown, and it won’t be long before we have the office building to unveil and high-rise multifamily. We’ve been working on the assemblage for 20-some years. We’ve been working on the vision for the last three years. Now we’re working on the vision and the master vision. And it’s really important we take our time and leave a strong legacy. ""

https://midtownexchangenc.com/

this and Fenton are my 2 favorite projects yet to go vertical in Wake County. 

This is a perfect example of how Kane's vision and subsequent result has raised the bar in Raleigh in terms of commercial and residential development,  and led to other developers trying to catch up and meet or exceed the NH developments. Buckle up Raleigh. Life post-COVID should be interesting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RALNATIVE said:

This is a perfect example of how Kane's vision and subsequent result has raised the bar in Raleigh in terms of commercial and residential development,  and led to other developers trying to catch up and meet or exceed the NH developments. Buckle up Raleigh. Life post-COVID should be interesting.

I agree developers are very competitive and we have some good developers in Charlotte that try to one up each other with their projects and we all win with that.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I agree developers are very competitive and we have some good developers in Charlotte that try to one up each other with their projects and we all win with that.  

Afterall thats how you guys got most of those BOA and First Union/Wachovia/Wells Fargo towers. Duke energy probably wouldn't have moved it's headquarters to the tower uptown  if it weren't for the Wachovia/Wells Fargo merger.

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Wow!  The Midtown Exchange is amazing.  Is this actually happening or is it a vision?  I go to that area a lot for my kids' hockey games at Raleigh Center Ice.

I love the artificial river and waterfalls too.  It reminds me of a larger version of the one at the ATC in Durham.

Does anyone know if the west end of the property connects to the east end of North Hills?  I assume that it does.  That would be REALLY amazing to have one big, contiguous, vibrant neighborhood.  

they say they are going to start been assembling the land for 20 years,  In my opinion housing will do great might be slower on the office but maybe not.   This will create a complete skyline from North Hills to Wake Forest Road plus some historical exhibits on Issac's Tavern the starting point for modern day Raleigh.  

• Like 3

I assume that it’s this big, single parcel that’s adjacent to the east end of North Hills.  Is that correct?  If so, once it’s completed, one should be able to walk from North Hills through the Midtown Exchange as if it were one, contiguous project.

I hope that the adjacent Hilton and Days Inn hotels are redeveloped.  The latter especially is a dump.  I missed the entrance to I-440 one night while heading back to Chapel Hill, and I entered the Days Inn’s lot to turn around.  There were tons of cops with their lights on.  I think that a lot of crazy sh..it happens there.

716F6892-018B-407C-9F09-CE9AEF196E9C.jpeg

Edited by SydneyCarton

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I assume that it’s this big, single parcel that’s adjacent to the east end of North Hills.  Is that correct?

Sort of, but not entirely.  Kane owns a rather large parcel still to the East of what you see on that image, where the church is.  He is developing it though and I think has already started clearing the land, which isn't apparent on the dated satellite imagery.  The Vine Apartments are already leasing, seen below.  You can see Kane's plans for it on the North Hills East master plan guide from 2019:

t39ON8Y.png

To further illustrate the land ownership boundaries, here is the bit that Kane owns:

zYEFGKN.png

Here is the bit that Midtown Exchange owns:

04Wisgy.png

Edited by DPK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been finding Bing maps more up to date here recently look at the Fenton in Cary site on both and Bing shows the site work.

These 2 projects together will form an almost continuous stream of mid and high rises along the Beltline forming a true 2nd skyline for Raleigh. 

If you look at the 16th photo of my photos above that is the Vine photos starting after the shot of the garage entrance to Harris Teeter with the apartments above.  Kinda of grey looking buildings. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, KJHburg said:

North Hills redevelopment of the JC Penney site looks great.  2 office buildings 2 residential towers and it looks like a huge Restoration Hardware RH store like we have in Charlotte. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2020/10/07/kane-realty-unveils-plans-for-12-story-mixed-use.html

That looks good.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 7:30 PM, Phillydog said:

Interesting....has anyone heard that Restoration Hardware is opening one of their new gallery stores in Raleigh b'cuz this looks like one of their prototypes.  "PH" is a subtle disguise perhaps?

Screenshot_20200204-192658.jpg

restoration-hardware-rh-design-gallery-restaurant-bar-southpark-charlotte.jpg

Called it back in February.  Surprised it's taken this long for Kane to even mention it.

On 10/8/2020 at 2:59 PM, KJHburg said:

another story with the renderings of the new North Hills expansion on the Jacque Penney site.  First residential on the west side and the original North Hills  side.

https://www.wraltechwire.com/2020/10/08/visualizing-the-new-north-hills-check-out-11-renderings-of-main-district-redevelopment/

Looks like a high density district I would build while playing cities skylines.  Very modern mid rise district; I like it.  

• Like 2