DigitalSky

North Hills / Midtown area developments

7 hours ago, Raleigh Walker said:

Completely agree with both aspects - it's my favorite project currently planned as well but I think that's because it's walking distance to my neighborhood haha. I think it will be somewhat visible from the beltline especially at night, but not in your face like NH is. I do wish more high rises could be right there alongside 440 and on both sides of the highway. 

This is the view currently when you're passing right over WF Rd on 440WB. You can see up til about WF @ St Alban's, so there should be at least some visibility. If someone could buy/demolish/replace that old Days Inn next to Denny's with a newer ~10 floor hotel, that would be a great start...

440.png

I'm sure that some developer is thinking about it.  All of the land in and around that area is prime land now and having a Days Inn in that location is probably no longer desired.

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Don't tell my Charlotte UPers but I think this is the best new project in the state!   Midtown Exchange   Lots of new renderings on their website. 

https://midtownexchangenc.com/

I'm sure they'll disown you for that comment. :tw_joy:

I'm just excited that they'll be starting development in roughly 6-7 months. They're moving fast.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nicholas said:

Don't look now, but the Walter is up to the 14th floor by my count.

IMG_1302.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG

IMG_1309.JPG

That's just under half the total height. Can't wait to see the finished product.

• Like 2

North Hills today.  I count 12 on the Sir Walter apartment tower meaning 20 more floors to go!  The most dense suburban mixed use development between DC suburbs and Atlanta. 

Nice tree at North Hills.  

IMG_8961.JPG

IMG_8962.JPG

IMG_8963.JPG

IMG_8964.JPG

IMG_8965.JPG

IMG_8966.JPG

IMG_8967.JPG

IMG_8968.JPG

IMG_8969.JPG

IMG_8970.JPG

IMG_8972.JPG