North Hills / Midtown area developments

DigitalSky

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Midtown Exchange gets big construction loan to get the project going.

Dewitt Carolinas Secures Loan to Kick Off $1B Development (cpexecutive.com)

Now that we have so many committments to bring very high paying jobs, you will see more willingness amongst lenders to committ capital to area developments. Heck if I were a developer i'd be lining up for a peice of the action. Remember, a rising tide lifts all.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RALNATIVE said:

You start almost every single post with something about Charlotte. Question is why?

Because it was my first home in NC, all of my kids were born there, and I love it.   Not to mention, it’s the undisputed metropolis of the state.

We moved to CH because my wife got a job at Duke.   I really like CH, but I would not have left Charlotte were it not for Duke.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Because it was my first home in NC, all of my kids were born there, and I love it.   Not to mention, it’s the undisputed metropolis of the state.

We moved to CH because my wife got a job at Duke.   I really like CH, but I would not have left Charlotte were it not for Duke.

Well then maybe you should consider going back there?

People in the Triangle couldn't care less about Charlotte. Yes they have taller towers and a larger population, but that's about it. There are many areas where Raleigh has the advantage.

I find it quite immature and honestly disrespectful for you to continue going on and on about your love for Charlotte and how great it is in a Triangle thread. If you can't see why that is not cool, then god bless your heart.

18 minutes ago, RALNATIVE said:

Well then maybe you should consider going back there?

People in the Triangle couldn't care less about Charlotte. Yes they have taller towers and a larger population, but that's about it. There are many areas where Raleigh has the advantage.

I find it quite immature and honestly disrespectful for you to continue going on and on about your love for Charlotte and how great it is in a Triangle thread. If you can't see why that is not cool, then god bless your heart.

If it weren't for North Hills, Charlotte would be absolutely obliterating Raleigh in terms of large-scale development.  Yet, despite all of the growth there, @SydneyCarton likes the Midtown Exchange project more.  If people in the Triangle don't care less about what's going on in Charlotte, they wouldn't be throwing tantrums when a Charlotte homer says he likes a development in Raleigh more than anything being built in Charlotte.

I was born and raised in Raleigh (currently live in Garner), and have basically been a part-time resident of Charlotte my whole life.  Personally, I enjoy Charlotte more, but both cities are awesome, and there is a reason why we are bringing in the Apples and Centenes and Googles of the world.

• Like 3

Not to mention, the area between Chapel Hill and Charlotte is pretty small.  They’re two hours apart.

Further, I don’t view the Triangle and Charlotte as competitors.   In fact, their economies are focused on pretty different industries.  Therefore,  I think that their prosperity and growth is complementary and good for the state as a whole.

This is not like a Charlotte versus Nashville or Atlanta versus Dallas rivalry.  It involves two metros in the same state.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nicholas said:

If it weren't for North Hills, Charlotte would be absolutely obliterating Raleigh in terms of large-scale development.  Yet, despite all of the growth there, @SydneyCarton likes the Midtown Exchange project more.  If people in the Triangle don't care less about what's going on in Charlotte, they wouldn't be throwing tantrums when a Charlotte homer says he likes a development in Raleigh more than anything being built in Charlotte.

I was born and raised in Raleigh (currently live in Garner), and have basically been a part-time resident of Charlotte my whole life.  Personally, I enjoy Charlotte more, but both cities are awesome, and there is a reason why we are bringing in the Apples and Centenes and Googles of the world.

Being a classier city helps.

Some of you guys are full of BS. You post in this thread about how much you love Charlotte, how much you enjoy it better, blah blah blah...

But yet, you're HERE! Checking out the Triangle thread and posting day after day, living in this area when you could honestly live whereever makes you happier, enjoying everything that the Triangle has to offer. Reveling in all of the good news lately just like the rest of us who truly do love this area.

But yet, you choose to stay HERE! In an area that you like less than Charlotte, so you say, but you just have the burning desire to let everyone else in this thread know just how much you prefer Charlotte and its greater magnitude of development.

I may not know  any of you guys personally, but I do know BS and phony when I see it. Maybe that's the reason why you love Charlotte so much.

Edited by RALNATIVE
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1