North Hills / Midtown area developments

DigitalSky

34 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

this Raleigh Iron Works is one of the most exciting projects in the Triangle along with North Hills expansion and Midtown Exchange. 

Just took a look at their website video. They're stating that the first phase of office space will be available in 1Q2022. That is a very aggresive plan.

• Like 1

The corridor between Downtown Raleigh and North Hills will be getting a couple more notable projects including several 18+ story towers. Which begs the questions--the North BRT route does not service this area so should there be a new mass transit project that connects the Six Forks Road corridor, Midtown, south Capital Blvd, and Downtown Raleigh. Maybe the fifth BRT route? Or a protected lane street car/skytrain/cut-in-cover tram/light rail. 

Edited by carolina1792
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, carolina1792 said:

The corridor between Downtown Raleigh and North Hills will be getting a couple more notable projects including several 18+ story towers. Which begs the questions--the North BRT route does not service this area so should there be a new mass transit project that connects the Six Forks Road corridor, Midtown, south Capital Blvd, and Downtown Raleigh. Maybe the fifth BRT route? Or a protected lane street car/skytrain/cut-in-cover tram/light rail. 

It's hard for me to envision them not doing something to improve transit in and around Midtown.

The current infrastructure will NOT support the transit needs long term, especially once Midtown Exchange and NH Innovation District are completely built out. The city must already be planning for this.

while I all in favor of this development North Hills going higher and higher I do think the tallest buildings need to be near I-440 not sure about the heights they are asking for here. Not sure up to 40 stories along Six Forks Road further from I-440 I wish this energy would go towards downtown or their Downtown South project. 

""The next wave of development at North Hills is officially in the works as Kane Realty Corp. plans to petition the city to rezone several portions of the district for more urban development.  The request will seek the rezoning for four sites: two along Six Forks Road requesting mixed-use up to 40 stories; one along Lassiter Mill Road abutting I-440 requesting 30 stories; and one behind the existing Total Wine store on Six Forks Road seeking 12 stories.   "This rezoning is for the next iteration of North Hills," said Bonner Gaylord, Kane Realty's chief operating officer. “There are fundamentally two ways the city can grow; since we're not making any more land we can grow up or grow out into more suburban sprawl. We believe we should grow up in the urban nodes.”""

Kane Realty preps next wave of North Hills development in Raleigh - Triangle Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

• Like 4

Here is a page on Kane's website and map of where they are asking for their increased heights

North Hills Rezoning - North Hills (visitnorthhills.com)

The first two along Six Forks road west side I have no problem with as they are on a major road and across from other high rises.

I think the 30 story rezoning ask for Lassiter Mill 440 tract not as excited about too close to low rise residential.  I would suggest a 4-5 story apartment block or even luxury townhomes since across the street is SF residential.  

12 story ask on tract next to Lassister at North Hills apartments unsure about it.   Maybe 

Make your voices heard Raleighites.  I have no dog in this fight but that is my thoughts.  

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2