North Hills / Midtown area developments

DigitalSky

On 1/26/2022 at 10:23 AM, NorRalNat said:

Photo; Olde Raleigh - N.C. 

Cool Facebook page and probably would interest many on this blog if you weren't already aware of it.

Edit: this is the old North Hills mall and Beltline under construction in 1962.

FB_IMG_1643210440315.jpg

My first thought is that there are people on Ramblewood in houses built since then that complain about it being "used as an offramp".

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, nicholas said:

Holy crap! I don't think that was very far out of the ground last time I drove past a month or so ago.

It has really rocketed out of the ground over the last few weeks. I haven't been able to count, from St Albans perspective, how many floors they're up to. 

16 hours ago, RALNATIVE said:

Last week I counted a total of 6 cranes across  Raleigh. I'm not sure but there may be others elsewhere that I haven't seen.

Did ya count the ones off Edwards Mill in between Wade Ave and Duraleigh? I forget exactly what's going up there- but there are 2 cranes. There are also 2 cranes on the JCP site of North Hills!

Edited by Raleigh Walker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Raleigh Walker said:

It has really rocketed out of the ground over the last few weeks. I haven't been able to count, from St Albans perspective, how many floors they're up to. 

Did ya count the ones off Edwards Mill in between Wade Ave and Duraleigh? I forget exactly what's going up there- but there are 2 cranes. There are also 2 cranes on the JCP site of North Hills!

I did not count the ones around Wade Ave. So that would make the count 8+ cranes currently erected in the city.

11 hours ago, Raleigh Walker said:

That's the new Bandwidth HQ campus. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Had to visit North Hills while up here.  4 cranes 2 over at North Hills original side and 2 on the other side including one for the Cardinal. 

Never noticed that shrine to Elvis at the Chuys I do know that every location has one but this one is outside LOL. 

I present to you Raleigh's 2nd downtown, 2 downtowns like little downtown Varina and downtown Fuquay in Fuquay Varina. 

drove by Midtown Exchange no vertical construction I see. 

IMG_1404.JPG

IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1457.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG

IMG_1461.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

IMG_1464.JPG

IMG_1465.JPG

IMG_1466.JPG

IMG_1469.JPG

IMG_1470.JPG

IMG_1471.JPG

IMG_1472.JPG

IMG_1473.JPG

IMG_1474.JPG

IMG_1475.JPG

IMG_1477.JPG

IMG_1478.JPG

Nice photos. Keep up the good work.

FYI, i've counted a total of 8 large cranes across the city. There may even be more.

Edited by RALNATIVE
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Raleigh Iron Works signs its first office lease a tenant relocating from the CapTrust tower in North Hills.

""Wasserman, a Los Angeles-based leader in sports and entertainment marketing, is leaving its office in Kane Realty Corp.'s Captrust tower for a spot in the new Raleigh Iron Works development along Atlantic Avenue. The agency is set to move into its 14,000-square-foot space by fall 2022.  Raleigh-based Grubb Ventures and Atlanta-based Jamestown broke ground on the $150 million Phase 1 of Raleigh Iron Works early last year. The first phase features 184,000 square feet of office space, 65,000 square feet of retail space and 219 apartment units.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2022/04/20/raleigh-development-iron-works-wasserman-tenant.html

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, DCMetroRaleigh said:

North Hills skyline is developing nicely, but can’t they build tall beyond boxes? How about some spires, domes, jagged towers?

Couldn't agree more honestly, it would be great to see some diversity. Something like Durham's University Tower would really help. Plop it in that gap between BoA and Cardinal somehow and voila. 

On another note, land/tree clearing now on the opposite side of St. Alban's/The Exchange Raleigh, adjacent to the Coastal Credit Union building:

20220531_195908.jpg

20220531_195911.jpg

20220531_195922.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...