North Hills / Midtown area developments

DigitalSky

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Raleigh people have their own forum, Urban Planet is an afterthought.  Go to  https://community.dtraleigh.com/

Yeah....I have an account there.  Don't post much but I do check in, although I'm sure everyone on DTR glares disapprovingly at me through the internet now that I live in Charlotte.  Lol

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Great video about North Hills main district what I call the original side and its expansion

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/kane-realty-corporation_north-hills-main-district-expansion-activity-6962423413122486272-V-JA

Kane is quite the visionary, and Raleigh is the benefactor.

I just wish the expansion included taller, sleeker towers. That would help balance out the things with the east side.

1 hour ago, RALNATIVE said:

Kane is quite the visionary, and Raleigh is the benefactor.

I just wish the expansion included taller, sleeker towers. That would help balance out the things with the east side.

I wish he put lots of his efforts in downtown but he is running out of room at North Hills but I wish he would start his Smoky Hollow tall tower.  He does great work and is the best developer based in Raleigh for sure. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I wish he put lots of his efforts in downtown but he is running out of room at North Hills but I wish he would start his Smoky Hollow tall tower.  He does great work and is the best developer based in Raleigh for sure. 

If I recall correctly, the city imposed the affordable housing mandate on his 40 story tower in Smoky Hollow, which may be slowing that development down.

Old Kroger on Six Forks Road near Wegmans and Costco will become new home of Targan a biosciences firm leasing all the space. 

""The transformed site of a former Kroger store in Midtown Raleigh will soon be home to one of the Triangle’s growing life sciences companies.  Morrisville biotech Targan, which is developing systems to improve animal health in commercial poultry and other animal protein industries, is leasing all 100,000 square feet of the upcoming Midtown BioCenter at 350 E. Six Forks Road.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2022/08/11/triangle-biotech-leases-former-kroger-in-midtown.html

""The move into the Midtown BioCenter, which is about five times the size of Targan's existing space in the Southport Business Park off Aviation Parkway, will accommodate the company's ambitious hiring plans. As of late May, the company had about 58 employees, with plans to reach 100 by the end of the year and 160 by the end of 2023.""

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Old Kroger on Six Forks Road near Wegmans and Costco will become new home of Targan a biosciences firm leasing all the space. 

""The transformed site of a former Kroger store in Midtown Raleigh will soon be home to one of the Triangle’s growing life sciences companies.  Morrisville biotech Targan, which is developing systems to improve animal health in commercial poultry and other animal protein industries, is leasing all 100,000 square feet of the upcoming Midtown BioCenter at 350 E. Six Forks Road.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2022/08/11/triangle-biotech-leases-former-kroger-in-midtown.html

""The move into the Midtown BioCenter, which is about five times the size of Targan's existing space in the Southport Business Park off Aviation Parkway, will accommodate the company's ambitious hiring plans. As of late May, the company had about 58 employees, with plans to reach 100 by the end of the year and 160 by the end of 2023.""

We need more and more of these urban infill projects being developed for life sciences and tech companies.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 2:22 PM, NorRalNat said:

Add another crane to NH. The first for the WF Rd side.

PXL_20220913_181530999.jpg

PXL_20220913_181522130.jpg

This would be Midtown Exchange, right? I took a pic this morning from the corner of Wake Forest Rd @ Navaho, as it was a fresh scene for me!

20220914_082851.jpg

Edited by Raleigh Walker
  • Like 3