• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, dmccall said:

These restaurants are coming to the Main District (former site of JCPenney): 

The N&O, btw, pasted the press release to their story.

Listen, I get it -- it's probably world's easier to get a restaurant to open, but with all of the new space, does everything now have to be a restaurant? I know it's hard to compete with the existing retail here and not far from here, but it just feels like we have too many restaurants here now. A little more variety would go a long way. 

On 8/24/2023 at 11:05 PM, dmccall said:

These restaurants are coming to the Main District (former site of JCPenney): 

The N&O, btw, pasted the press release to their story.

Does anyone know if Ruth's Chris will be moving to a larger space?

Edited by RALNATIVE

On 8/25/2023 at 12:01 PM, Rufus said:

Listen, I get it -- it's probably world's easier to get a restaurant to open, but with all of the new space, does everything now have to be a restaurant? I know it's hard to compete with the existing retail here and not far from here, but it just feels like we have too many restaurants here now. A little more variety would go a long way. 

Would like to see more than just restaurants and bars...I don't drink alcohol, and if I have already eaten dinner then there is near 0 reason for me to be out and about in DTR or MTR

• 1 month later...

Now 380% overbudget, the Six Forks Road widening plan is being ditched. The city released a survey today considering 4 scaled down alternatives, as well as a complete return to the drawing board. 

Plans for this project were begun 9 years ago. Just before final approval, the project was halted in 2016 by City Councilor Kay Crowder's  insistence on dedicating the new lanes in each direction to buses only. That sent the project back into a redesign phase from which the project still hasn't recovered.

Public engagement link

Maybe if they do another study they'll be able to create a good framework for another study to eventually have a study in another 10 years....  yadda yadda.

The entire thing is ridiculous.  They should invest in public transit and density along that corridor, not widen it.

• Like 1

This is a great idea a pop up small slice of high end stores in containers coming to North Hills!

Bal Harbor Shops are super nice outdoor mall north of Miami Beach.  It is so nice they charge to park at the mall! (unless validated)

Bal Harbour Shops Goes On Tour With Exclusive Traveling Luxury Pop-Up (forbes.com)

Tiffany & Co., luxury retail shops coming to Raleigh for pop-up event (wral.com)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, KJHburg said:

This is a great idea a pop up small slice of high end stores in containers coming to North Hills!

Bal Harbor Shops are super nice outdoor mall north of Miami Beach.  It is so nice they charge to park at the mall! (unless validated)

Bal Harbour Shops Goes On Tour With Exclusive Traveling Luxury Pop-Up (forbes.com)

Tiffany & Co., luxury retail shops coming to Raleigh for pop-up event (wral.com)

Listen, this is a huge deal. Bal Harbor Shops are among the most exclusive shopping centers in the world. Their clientele is uber-wealthy. Whatever brands they bring will be amazing and exclusive. This is exciting to see since Raleigh doesn't really have a luxury market. The untapped potential is off the charts. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rufus said:

Listen, this is a huge deal. Bal Harbor Shops are among the most exclusive shopping centers in the world. Their clientele is uber-wealthy. Whatever brands they bring will be amazing and exclusive. This is exciting to see since Raleigh doesn't really have a luxury market. The untapped potential is off the charts. 

My takeaway is that this tour will be used as a test for the market. If proven successful in North Hills with a clear demand for high end luxury shopping demonstrated, I can foresee a "Shops at North Hills" popping up in the future. I'm also very bullish on this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...