Orlando: The New Britain?

Britainny

Am I correct in thinking a disproportionately large amt of British people live in Orlando compared to the rest of Florida? I spent a good deal of time in the Tampa / Sarasota area this summer and there were plenty of Brits around there too but I still think there are more in Orlando. Is there a study out there showing Brit population around the state?

If you are British tell me why you chose Orlando over another part of the state.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I correct in thinking a disproportionately large amt of British people live in Orlando compared to the rest of Florida? I spent a good deal of time in the Tampa / Sarasota area this summer and there were plenty of Brits around there too but I still think there are more in Orlando. Is there a study out there showing Brit population around the state? 

If you are British tell me why you chose Orlando over another part of the state.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know but my eldest daughter works in a British pub in Sarasota.

• 1 month later...

I just returned from Florida and there are a large number of British people living in the Orlando/Tampa area. The house we rented was through a British agency ( we were even billed in British Pounds) and owned by a nice family from Wales. The area we stayed in near Disney was filled with British flags and people... all of whom were very nice. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Orlando is prefered because of the closeness to the parks... also, Virgin Air flies direct into Orlando and Orlando is advertised in the UK like no other FL city. In addition, now that the dollar is so weak, many Brits are buying versus renting and floking over this way. The more the merrier is my motto

Archived