Will a Florida city ever get a 1000 footer?

Viper

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since 2000, Jax has increased by 70k and the metro area increased by 150k

Tampa has increased 14k and the metro by 120k

162. Winn-Dixie Stores Inc

259. CSX

262. Fidelity National Financial Inc.

I believe we are gaining another this year as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't call Winn-Dixie a F500 company. I would be shocked to see this company survive the next 5 years. Kroger and Publix are too much competition. With the bankruptcy, Winn-Dixie will either fold or have to close half of its stores.

Tampa's tallest building approved at the moment is 630 feet.  Jacksonville has two at 750 each.  Truth hurts doesn't it?

Just messing with you.  It will be great to who gets one and we'll all win from it with great skylines.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which buildings are over 750ft? The tallet is 617ft.

I can't find it listed. Do you have a website for RiverPointes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The last time I heard, Riverpointe is a preliminary approved project. There's still a good chance that the Riverpointe twins will house apartments instead of condos, so, no they don't have a website. But neither does the 28 story Strand, now under construction. If you wish to know more about them, I can provide you with some links to the newpaper articles about them.

Yes, the developer has even stated the buildings will be 750 to the tips and 619 without them.

I have bad news Viper. The Riverpoints is only 620 feet with the spire look,

http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=35133

Use the link then click to see the diagram it is shorter than Modis

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Take a look at this diagram. Notice that the Riverpointes are 48 storys, the Peninsula is 36 storys and the Strand is 28 storys. See the difference in the perceived height of the top story of each of those three buildings? It makes it look like the 36 floor of the Peninsula is the same height as the 48th floor of the Riverpointes yet there is an obvious difference between the Strand and Peninsula.

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?c135

Currently, most skyscraper sites have the Riverpointes listed at 619/620 because that is to the 48th floor. Once development actually begins this summer/fall, they should be updated to the actual height of 750.

The diagram on that web page is not consistent with any of the media reports regarding the buildings (Riverpointe).  The diagram is simply wrong.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Easy guys. I grew up in the Tampa Bay area and I'll bet I've seen 25 -30 "proposed" high-rises come and go since the late 80's. I wouldn't get too worked-up until actual ground breaking occurs. I also wouldn't be a bit surpprised if our Trump Tower never get off the ground, at starting prices of $600K up to $7 million that's a little rich for Tampa's blood. Especially with all the other condo in downtown that have already broken ground. However, I realize the topic is the 1000 ft skyscaper and based what I'm seeing in all of our areas. It's going to be a long time before any of our downtowns can support this type of structure. Other than Miami, Jax would probably be next in line. Hope I'm still around to see it.

Archived