Restaurants

UrbanCharlotte

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For none national chains, try, Zinc, Aquafina, Blue, Laveccia, Latorres (these maybe $30-40 a person restraunts) For even nicer, try Bentley on 27, or Mimosa ($50-$60 a person) National chains Morton's and Captiol Grill are also good choices in that higher price range.

Two of my favorites when I am in Charlotte are the Rodazio (Brazilian) restaurant on Independence and the Indian restaurant across the street. I am partial to Indian and have eaten at all of them in Charlotte. The one on Independence is the best in my opinion and I am speaking from experience. I lived in London many years where Indian restaurants abound. People in Charlotte need to stop running down their hometown. If they got out and visited other cities, they would see that Charlotte is better than 99% of other places. Charlotte is not a dull place. I don't understand why anyone would say that. What is dull about Charlotte? If anyone here feels that it is please let me know. I have often thought about moving to Charlotte.

People in Charlotte need to stop running down their hometown.  If they got out and visited other cities, they would see that Charlotte is better than 99% of other places.  Charlotte is not a dull place.  I don't understand why anyone would say that.  What is dull about Charlotte? If anyone here feels that it is please let me know.  I have often thought about moving to Charlotte.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know people who live way out around 485 and never make their way into downtown or neartown. For them, charlotte is just like the suburbs of any other place. they drive on freeways to get anywhere, live on a culdesac or a golf course, eat out at the regular chain restaurants, shop at the same old malls..... for those people, why wouldn't they consider charlotte dull.

I just thought I would mention that I wasn't too impressed with Mert's last time I went but I did read about a "soul food" (I hate that term, this is the south can't we just call it food here) restaurant in Fourth Ward that is supposed to be good. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Also Larry, I, at times, talk about Charlotte being a little dull but not because I think it is lacking only that I wish to see it continue to mature and grow with innovative options. I feel that sometimes a critical stance breeds more unique possibilities. I love living in Charlotte and would always recommend it to anyone considering relocation. Next time you are in Charlotte and you are looking for a bit of a British Pub experience you should hit up Jackalope Jack

I just thought I would mention that I wasn't too impressed with Mert's last time I went but I did read about a "soul food" (I hate that term, this is the south can't we just call it food here) restaurant in Fourth Ward that is supposed to be good.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Also Larry, I, at times, talk about Charlotte being a little dull but not because I think it is lacking only that I wish to see it continue to mature and grow with innovative options.  I feel that sometimes a critical stance breeds more unique possibilities.  I love living in Charlotte and would always recommend it to anyone considering relocation.  Next time you are in Charlotte and you are looking for a bit of a British Pub experience you should hit up Jackalope Jack

I like Rock Bottom and Palomino on N. Tryon, even if they are chains

The Rock Bottom isn't part of the Rock Bottom chain. The one in Charlotte is independent, as is the one in Atlanta (as far as I know). Their menu is different as well. Must have worked some kind of deal to be able to keep the logo and all though.

The Rock Bottom isn't part of the Rock Bottom chain.  The one in Charlotte is independent, as is the one in Atlanta (as far as I know).  Their menu is different as well.  Must have worked some kind of deal to be able to keep the logo and all though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That may be true, i've never been to any others. Have you been to the others recently? (i'm wondering if the menu has changed for all of them). If it is different, it may be that their franchise rules are very loose, and the charlotte owner wanted to try something slightly different.

Chain or not, tt is still very good. We often take friends from out of town there.

btw... i have a love-hate relationship with chains in general. On one hand, it provides something recognizable and good for visitors who are unfamiliar with interesting local restaurants. The problem is if you only have chains, then it quickly becomes a symbol of the city being dull and uninteresting.

Here is a map of the chained Rock Bottom locations:

http://rockbottom.com/RockBottomWeb/RBR/in...er&SiteID=10000

Atlanta and Charlotte have Rock Bottom restaurants, but they are not part of the chain. The chained Rock Bottom's menu is online as well and is the same for all locations. Atlanta and Charlotte locations provide their own menu as they are not part of the chain other than the use of signage.

Here is a map of the chained Rock Bottom locations:

http://rockbottom.com/RockBottomWeb/RBR/in...er&SiteID=10000

Atlanta and Charlotte have Rock Bottom restaurants, but they are not part of the chain.  The chained Rock Bottom's menu is online as well and is the same for all locations.  Atlanta and Charlotte locations provide their own menu as they are not part of the chain other than the use of signage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i see now. And now that i think about, i think i went to the denver version a couple of years ago. I was curious by how it was different, but after "tasting" all their differe brewery specials, i was no longer curious. :)

Archived