Downtown Flint construction,projects & Photo post

Pachuco

I do agree though that there should eventually be some enforced building codes and hold owners to higher standards than before. All the store owners must obide by these codes and be held accountable regarding the overall look of their businesses. If that does not happen then one day you might have a couple store owners allowing their businesses to look run down and then you're back to square one spending more money trying to make the buildings look good again.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to the board! :)

For the most part, we are more to see anything happening with downtown, regardless of quality. Look at how excited we got just for the Mad Hatter to get a facelift. lol

That would be a good idea for BSC to try partnering with Red Ink, and I do know that Julie (the owner) tries to promote what's going on around downtown. But don't forget that BSC just opened last Fall, it's getting more and more customers each day so give her time to redecorate. ;) Aside from no art-work being displayed, BSC does have a nice, cozy atmosphere to it. :) My friends and I go there every Monday on our breaks between classes, and after 2-3 visits Julie recognizes that you're a regular (and gives you free food and drinks for your birthday ;)). I'd much rather have a place like that, than one that tries to be like the typical pretentious coffee houses where if you're not depressed or experiencing some sort of angst you're not welcome there.

I personally like the Madhatters signage. The fake cornice is gone now (thank god) I just like the fact that the once shut off buildings now have windows. To me there is nothing less inviting than a widowless building and thanks to the 70's we have way to many of those. I am excited to see them tear off the facades at the 500 block project (hurry up guys).

I really like the understated interior at BSC plus Julie is great, every time I come in there and don't buy one of their delicious brownies she is like "What no brownie?". I love being recognized when I go places, makes me feel important. I am easy to recognize by the way ( a cross between Jack Black and Jesus)

Julie is great. :D One of the last times we went there my friend said something to her about one of the tables being too close to the glass side table with the plant on it. So then the next time we went there we saw that the side table had been moved, but couldn't sit at our "usual" table. After the people sitting there left, Julie came up to us and said, "What is this? You ask me to move the side table and then you don't even sit there?" :P

Work started just recently on the Rowe Building Complex in the 500 block of Saginaw Street, and the First Street Lofts should be opening within the next few months.

That's about it really, Mad Hatter just got a new facade, but there are no other major projects in progress right now. Once the Lofts are finished, we might see new projects starting up (hopefully :P).

The Rowe building will be the result of combining three older buildings and adding floors to two of them. It's actually called the "500 block entertainment complex" or something similar. We just started calling it the Rowe building since Rowe Inc. will be the main tenant and it's a lot easier to type/say, lol.

Here's more info about the building. There are a couple of pics, too.

oh, it will be cool when they add thoose floors on them

man i wish someone would build a new high rise downtown,something taller than Genesee Towers, that would be sooooo cool

Lets fill what we have first before we build more vacant space. But when that happens I would love to see a high-rise downtown, possibly on the flat lot on kearsley.

Anyone know what's been doing on with the Premier Insurance building? I've been seeing relatively big equipment being brought out the past few days for work to be done on it, but I can't tell what's been done...lol

They are putting up cameras. They got one on BSC now too. I think it is to combat against the parking meter vandalizations.