Pachuco

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok thanks VeeFan

bob, do you have any new pics of the lofts?

I will have some soon. Nothing has been done to the exterior the past few days. I have been dealing with some BS at UM-Flint the past few days (crap that is affecting my graduation stuff) needless to say I am quite livid with the university right now. So I havn't taken any pictures around town lately.

Yeah but I am working towards resoving it. THankfully I have the Psychology department backing me because I am right and the University is wrong. Lot of people in my corner. I was telling Sharon, the psych secretary, that I will go down swinging - this is my future and I am not prpared to lose it.

Wish you the best of luck, Bob.

I just noticed today that the downtown MTA station appears to be closed now in preparation for renovations. They have canopies set up outside for people waiting for a bus.

The First Street Lofts are coming along nicely, too. Most of the ground floor facade work is done along with the windows on the Kearsley St. side. I can't wait to see significant improvement on entrance area.

The bottom looks like it could be concrete, or GFRC (Glass Fiber Concrete Reinforcement), which is a special concrete reinforced with different types of fiber (glass, steel...)

I actually talked to the architect yesterday at the downtown cleanup. He told me that the material used is really close to Lmichigan's guess, it is Glass Fiber Reinforced Plastic. He assured me that this is an extremely durable product and had to get approval from the National Parks Service. He told me that the front will look even cooler than the side with all sorts of details (Lions heads, eagles, and I think he said Ionic columns). Work will begin on the front when the south side is finished.

He is also the owner of the Stockton House and he told me they were still shooting for the June 13th opening. He said thet they have a crew coming out this week to discuss the paint removal for the outside of the building using some sort of baking soda solution.

He was a really nice guy and I enjoyed talking to him. Also he told me a little info on the house front building next to the land bank. Aparently it is built out on the inside for a jazz club an has some really great details but there was damage done to the building causeing leaks during the renovation of the Land Bank and he is fighting them in court to cover the damages.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I hate fighting BS.

Wish you the best of luck, Bob.

I just noticed today that the downtown MTA station appears to be closed now in preparation for renovations. They have canopies set up outside for people waiting for a bus.

The First Street Lofts are coming along nicely, too. Most of the ground floor facade work is done along with the windows on the Kearsley St. side. I can't wait to see significant improvement on entrance area.

what are they doing to the MTA station?

what are they doing to the MTA station?

I wish I had pics, but the ones shown in the Flint Journal last year seemed very vague. The station will get a complete makeover as well as a very large electronic "bulletin board" displaying things such as local events.

Here's a link with a little more info, but I'm sure we'll hear more from the Journal pretty soon.

wait what is that building? It's going to be where? it says Downtown Food shop on it. Something tells me that wasn't it's original purpose.

wait what is that building? It's going to be where? it says Downtown Food shop on it. Something tells me that wasn't it's original purpose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...