Downtown Flint construction,projects & Photo post

Pachuco

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanx for the welcome. Well we have some more good news. Here is a clipping fromy UrbanFlint:

Land Bank Votes to Buy Berridge Hotel

August, 16 2006

The Berridge Hotel will likely have new owners soon with the Genesee County Land Bank Authority voting to purchase the historic building for approximately $725,000.

There are said to be 17 sources of financing according to Amy Hovey, president of The Protogenia Group, in a Flint Journal report.

Early plans have the 80-unit hotel being converted into 20 condominiums - ranging from $90,000 to $140,000 - and two businesses.

Board members expect to close on the sale "by the end of September".

100_1089.jpg

When the work is finished these 3 buildings will become the Rowe Building. There will 8 lofts, restaurants on main level, night club in basement and the headquarters of Rowe Incorporated on the 2nd and 3rd floors (starting the summer of 2007 for the Rowe headquartars)

Edited by ZachariahDaMan

Yes exactly. I mean it would've ment 250 new patrons, a new place to jus chill or read a book and in the winter a place to skate on(on the plaza), plus it would enecourage more development, add density and beautify the area.

I dunno know tho, seems like Juan and the Trustee's are BSing around. Do they even have funding yet, whats the holdup ?

Na, its been so long, I should't have too... But anywayz I never knew what a Brazilian SteakHouse was, so I looked it up and the menu and atmosphere is really great. Its going to really diversify not onlt Flint, but Genesee County's dining choices and should encourage more gourmet restaurants.