Downtown Flint construction,projects & Photo post

Pachuco

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still hope they plan to put a park in the area where the big blacktop sits downtown, It would do wonders, bring vendors, more festivals, college students, and many others.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Buildings with ground floor retail & lofts above will bring more people than a park will. Want a park? Then make the riverfront nice again.

I still don't think a park is the best use of the land. True, it wouldn't allow festivals to be held downtown. But for everyday living, I think retail & lofts is the way to go. I would like the lot returned to the way it used to be. Right now downtown doesn't even feel like a downtown. Putting buildings there would change that.

I still hope they plan to put a park in the area where the big blacktop sits downtown, It would do wonders, bring vendors, more festivals, college students, and many others.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know if everyone saw the article a few weeks ago, but there's supposed to be a "Historic Tree Park" planted in the area around the White Building.

AH,DUH !!!! Where will the parking garage belocated at ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It would be incorporated into the project. That lot is gigantic...there is plenty of room for a parking garage & a building.

See the Lofts of Merchants Row in Detroit for an example. Parking garages need not take up an entire city block. They can (and should) be well integrated into the urban landscape.

parking2.jpg

parking1.jpg

There were/are also plans to use the Genesee Towers site for a parking garage. I'd prefer they just reclad the building, though, since it already has parking built in.

Another option is to have a parking garage built into whatever ends up on the main parking lot. Ideally it would be underground but that's very unlikely.