222 Glenwood

ericurbanite

A Southend -> Sullivans -> Mortons range of steakhouses in a few block area might work, or it might be overkill. But JKs, Ruth Chris and Mortons at North Hills would be just as bad if not worse.

Southpoint has California Pizza Kitchen, Maggianos, Champps, Rockfish, Firebirds, and Cheesecake Factory.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got this email in my inbox, thought I'd share...

---------------

Hi,

We are very sorry for the delay in responding to your registrations! We have been overwhelmed with responses to our new condos in the heart of Glenwood! At this time we are currently writing contracts and will be scheduling by appointment only beginning the week of May first. Please call us at 919-755-6000 to schedule a time to visit us at our sales and information center located at 301 Glenwood Avenue, suite 220. Our office hours are Monday through Saturday 11-6 and Sunday 1-5. We look forward to meeting with you in the next couple of weeks! Thanks!

Laura and Betsy

222 Sales Team

• 1 month later...

They also didn't include the floorplan for the one bedrooms...the three in the canter of the 'U" shape facing towards the Quorum....no sense marketing the small stuff I suppose....

Probably didn't include the smaller units because that might have been what everyone snatched up in all those reservations they claim. That once again leaves large pricey units that need the extra cheesy marketing to sell. I took another look at the Bloomsbury website and its kind of the same story. While they have sold more of the bigger units all of the small units are reserved. Now if developers catch on that there is a need for smaller more affordable units!

It looks like genericville, IMHO. And I agree wholeheartedly on the need for more smaller studio type housing DT. (I think the CAM projects was kicking that around - to appeal to starving artist types. I wasn't at the charrette, but could find out more if you guys haven't already discussed.) I don't know what the Raleigh-centric stats are, but it's clear that the national divorce rate = 50%, and the nuclear family is a thing of the past. So why not go smaller? The SF's in the quorum for the price are smaller on average, I think.

When I got my place in the Cotton Mill, it was listed as a 3BR/2BA and people told me not to change it, that it would market better, etc. But the thing is, who is looking for that in DT Raleigh? At least 3 couples here sold after they became pregnant, opting out for Cary and other outer 'burbs. I've quit debating over whether to tear out the wall between the 3BR (which is really an office) and throw a loft in. Now it's just waiting for the savings to add up before I do it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

moving VERY slow on this project. The site's been cleared for months, but they are just now getting to the foundation it seems. I hope we'll see a superstructure actually going up soon.

Thats how big projects are around here. They take forever to get off the ground. However, It takes Wal-greens no time at all to clear off the hottest corner in town and throw up one of their billion repetitive looking stores.

Contractors clear tons of our forests in no time, then have thousand home subdivsions in no time. Meanwhile, any project that helps to put a stop on sprawl takes years to finally get going. If it ever does! :angry:

Could that be because our local contractors and construction companies have no idea how to build an urban project? Give them a forest and they'll turn it into anything in no time flat; give them a block downtown and it'll take 12 months to even have a foundataion. Perhaps They're just not used to working in an area where land from which to stage construction is severely constrained.

Could that be because our local contractors and construction companies have no idea how to build an urban project? Give them a forest and they'll turn it into anything in no time flat; give them a block downtown and it'll take 12 months to even have a foundataion. Perhaps They're just not used to working in an area where land from which to stage construction is severely constrained.

I doubt this is a problem with ability of our local contractors or is unique to Raleigh. A lot of these buildings are built by companies from outside the area, and besides this is a 7 story building not a tower. This type of building gets built in the suburbs regularly. Many times delays like these are because of permitting issues, site plan approvals, erosion control, etc. Also, it takes time for the general contractor to secure all the bids for the project, schedule the job and move in the crane. Cranes are not always available. You must wait sometimes to get worked into their schedule or numerous other important subcontractors. The subcontractors that are the busiest are usually the best.

Basically, it's very frustrating for us to have to wait for all of these exciting projects to get built downtown, but it's usually not some conspiracy. I think some of you guys are so good at finding out about these projects very early on and that just makes it seem like it's taking longer than suburban buildings.

Many times delays like these are because of permitting issues, site plan approvals, erosion control, etc.

The site was cleared back in March I believe so they would probably have had all permits by that time. I see the progress, or lack thereof, several times a week as I go to the gym right next door. I would have thought they'd at least be out of the ground at this point. How long does it take to excavate, run utilities and start a foundation? If I had purchased a unit there, I'd be pissed. I bet the Bloomsbury will be finished before 222 (they started only in July I think but are excavating as we speak).

Isn't 222 being developed by Trammell Crow Residential (TCR). These guys are one of the largest residential developers in the country, but when they built the Alexan at North Hills it took forever to get tenants moved in. Delay after delay. I don't know what the deal is, but your right, it does seem strange.

Isn't 222 being developed by Trammell Crow Residential (TCR). These guys are one of the largest residential developers in the country, but when they built the Alexan at North Hills it took forever to get tenants moved in. Delay after delay. I don't know what the deal is, but your right, it does seem strange.

Maybe it's a different division, but Trammell Crow did the Seaboard project, which has progressed really slowly. Maybe we should call that company "Trammell Slow".

Archived