Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

montecarloss

Rate the Scripps Center

Rate the Scripps Center   33 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Scripps Center

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

sorry, but in my opinion, this is one of the ugliest modern skyscrapers that I have seen in person and it takes away from a decent Cincy skyline. Although it looks better at night, the glass circular portion seems to massive and out of place which makes the building not fit in with its surroundings. I think the Scripps would have greatly benefited with a little more effort in the design development stage by the architects. So I have to give it a 6.

After looking at it from the side in another thread, I think it looks a lot better from the side. I just don't like the front or the part facing the river.

I'd have to agree with the Lakelander here. I don't like the part facing the river.

I just stumbled across this. I like the bottom part of the skscraper but the top of it doesn't seem too appealing to me. I gave it a 7.5.

9 out of 10 I do think the building has style and creativity its only down mark is its under 500 feet which when compared to the 21st century metroplexs like HongKong Shanghai Doha Singapore Sydney Rotterdam etc. is barely a skyscraper . . . this reminds me a lot of 5th Avenue Place in Pittsburgh a great building but looking like a squashed soda can like it should be much much taller somehow and the architech tried to SQUEEZE all that creativity into 500 feet when it really should have been 1000 just my 2cents

Nice.

I gave it a 9.0.

Love the glass front.

I think it looks alright, I'll give it an 8.

I like it and gave it an 8. I could see where some people might not like it though. The design looks like it would be a shorter building, 20 stories or less? It's not a typical design of a building as tall as it is. It just doesn't pull your eyes upward the way a skyscraper should.