Metrosexual Test

monsoon

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neil Simon's "The Odd Couple" was a movie and TV sitcom about the mispairing of two cohabitants of opposite persuasions of every ilk. The only discernible things they had in common is that they were both straight and shared the same apartment. Felix Unger (Lemmon/Randall) was the first pop culture "Metrosexual" character, long before the term was coined. Oscar Madison (Matthau/Klugman), as his counterpart, was the quintessential slob.

^^

I said all that, to say this: At 18%, I'm a lot closer to Oscar than I am to Felix.

I'm a 21%, beer drinking Independent.

I find it funny how political parties are painted with different broad brushes depending on what idelogical point is trying to be made, as evidenced by this "test". Republicans in this case are all uneducated, confederate flag waving hicks in trailer parks. But they're also portrayed as all rich CEO's/businessmen and soccer moms who drive $50,000 SUV's. Which is it? Meanwhile, Democrats are portrayed by some on the the right as all godless, unpatriotic, tye dye wearing ex-hippies, or they all fall into one of the following categories: lazy minority, militant gay or Jewish trial lawyer.

I for one think stereotypes are funny, however ridiculous. But I can't take them (or the Metrosexual test) seriously.

Archived