White Trash Test

monsoon

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am 22% White Trash. ="Not at all White Trashy!" border="0" style="margin-top:5px"></a></div>I, my friend, have class. I am so not white trash. I am more than likely Democrat, and my place is neat, and there is a good chance I may never drink wine from a box.

I'm not even white, but oh well whatever nevermind.

:whistling:

a funny aside: the test grades having a tattoo as a "trashy" thing----- something thugs and ruffians do to their bodies......

No longer true. Even the most highly paid professionals have tattoos these days. If not always visible, lots of them have ink underneath their professional garb.:)

Decent tattoos are quite expensive these days. Not speaking of cheapo do-it-yourself tattoos (known as scratch), but the real thing done by professional artists. An intricate tattoo can run upwards of $500+. Large ink designs go even higher. Cheap small-time thugs cannot afford to pay for tattoo art.

20%. My mother would be so proud (or would she?) My score might have been lower, I'm unsure. The "can you see your living room floor?" question threw me. I can see the carpet on my living room floor, but not the concrete slab itself. Not sure if they're saying white trash can't see their floor for the clutter, or white trash CAN see their floor... the bare floor. Who knows, but anyway, I answered that I can see my floor.

Definitely not a Democrat, but a recently registered Independent.

And Charlotteman as a matter of opinion I must disagree. In my humble opinion, despite what some highly paid professionals do, tattoos are still trashy. I'd hate to know that cocaine was considered a good thing just because some highly paid professionals use it.

You're comparing tattoos to cocaine?????.:) LOL

SBC, if tattoos are trashy, then there are literally millions of trashy people in the States, and the West. There are LOTS of places in the world where NOT having a tattoo would be odd. (Seattle being one of them)

I'm not going to lecture you SBC, as you're welcome to your own opinion, no matter how backward it may be. For information about the philosophies and histories of tattoos, piercings, and other body modifications check out the informative book "Research:Modern Primitives".

Sounds like modern culture is sliding right over the heads of some people.

You people who think body modifications are trashy are obviously from socially conservative mindsets. Mindsets that abhor any diversity, and are quick to criticize anything that they know absolutely about.

Do you tattoo detractors even have an iota of knowledge about the culture of body modification? Your posts show a sad ignorance of the subject. Anyone with even a speck of understanding of tattoos/piercings/body modifications knows it is the antithesis of trashiness.

You people deriding body modifications are truly embarassing yourselves.

You people who think body modifications are trashy are obviously from socially conservative mindsets. Mindsets that abhor any diversity, and are quick to criticize anything that they know absolutely about.

Do you tattoo detractors even have an iota of knowledge about the culture of body modification? Your posts show a sad ignorance of the subject. Anyone with even a speck of understanding of tattoos/piercings/body modifications knows it is the antithesis of trashiness.

You people deriding body modifications are truly embarassing yourselves.

Sorry Worley, but your calling tattoos "trashy" was more than an opinion, it is an insulting attack. You obviously live a sheltered life and are oblivious to social change. If you got out into the real world you might learn a few things about body modification. It's not just a bunch of ink and needles, it is a philosopy that has existed much longer than man's current mythologies.

It's a philosphy of self discovery, self expression....but you miss out on the beauty of body modification culture by referring to an ancient art as "trashy".

I'll never be old like some people on this thread. Being "old" has nothing to do with chronology....it has everything to do with keeping a closed mind, and fearing social progress and change. People that belittle tattoos and other diverse cultural developments (out of ignorance) are really getting old, right before your very eyes.

Well what skin doesn't look worse with age?????? People with tattoos know they should stay out of the sun.

You must be basing your negative image of tattoos on all the inked prisoners you used to see. Comparing prison tattoos (called scratch, and considered garbage) to fine ink work done by professionals is like comparing a framed Velvet Elvis to a work of art in a museum.:)

Get outside the prison walls and soak up some culture. You might discover some pretty darn interesting things are going on in the world.....the body modification movement being only one.

I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one, Charlotteman.

I've seen some really nice, colorful, well done tattoos. I know it takes skill to produce them, and I appreciate the skill. It just isn't something I like. Just like I don't like certain types of music. I can appreciate the skill, just don't like it.

Doesn't make me ignorant. Doesn't make me sheltered, just makes me an opinionated American. I don't have to like everything I've experienced or been exposed to.

• 2 weeks later...

I am 12% White Trash. "Not at all White Trashy! You, my friend, have class. You are so not white trash. You are more than likely Democrat, and your place is neat, and there is a good chance you may never drink wine from a box."

That fits me to a "T", right down to my political leaning and my wine consumption! :shades:

Charlotteman, you really need to chill. Stop getting so worked up about a simple opinion about tattoos. One can know about every culture that has historically used tattoos for all kinds of purposes, ranging from social to religious; that doesn't mean that it makes it an attractive practice in that person's eyes. I understand the value of the lip plates that the females of some cultures utilize, but I still think they are disfiguring and not at all aesthetically pleasing, and I have every right to that opinion and every right to express it. You are insulting the same people you claim are being insulting by questioning their educational levels and exposure to culture, and that's rather hypocritical of you if you ask me.

Archived