St Joe Company

wolfdawg54

I go to school and am good friends with the son of the CEO of St Joe Company and we were talking about Jacksonville's fututre. He told me that today St. Joe Company will become a Fortune-500 company. With this company based in Jacksonville, it can mean big things such as a possible expansion in a couple of years. I thought it was awesome news. What do you think?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I go to school and am good friends with the son of the CEO of St Joe Company and we were talking about Jacksonville's fututre. He told me that today St. Joe Company will become a Fortune-500 company. With this company based in Jacksonville, it can mean big things such as a possible expansion in a couple of years. I thought it was awesome news. What do you think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just checked the Fortune 1000 list for 2004, but I didn't see St. Joe on there. Perhaps I missed it. http://www.lead411.com/fortune500.taf

However, I'm familiar with St. Joe's massive Florida land holdings, and their recent hyper-agressive move toward developing the panhandle. I wouldnt' be surprised to see them on the Fortune 1000, and eventually 500, in the near future. If Florida real estate trends keep holding strong, their revenues might explode to obscene levels.

Also, Jacksonville based PSS World Medical, Landstar Inc., and SteinMart came in at 814, 826, and 915 respectively. Hopefully, one of these three and/or St. Joe will make it onto the fortune 500 in the near future. Considering the all-but-certain demise of WinnDixie, it would be nice to recoup the loss.

In the end, I don't think the Fortune 500 label means too much on its own. Either you have a big company in the area that spawls great projects or not. It's more of a city-pride bragging rights sort of thing. Not that there's anything wrong with bragging rights!!!

I think if Trevor told me correctly, their profits exceeded 1 billion dollars from February 2004 to today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure he knows his stuff, but St. Joe is a public company, so you can look up their profits yourself if you want. (I'm too lazy personally ;) ) They should have quarterly earnings reports available somewhere.

Of course, it's also possible that St. Joe isn't the proper type of company to be on the fortune 500/1000 list. Not all companies are allowed. I don't remember the criteria though. It could be that St. Joe already has the revenue to be on the list, but simply isn't in the right type of business to be included?? Again, I don't know; it's something one could look up though.

Perhaps St. Joe is somehow changing its status in a way that will include it or vault it up on these lists? Maybe that's something to ask your friend?

Could it be that they are not on the list yet because they just reached that level yesterday? Just inquiring. I will clairify this but he said that his dad was estatic when they announced that they have reached fortune 500 status.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have no idea. I don't want you to think I'm being argumentative ... because I certainly do hope that they've reached it!! That would be great news for them and for Jax.

Archived