City improvement ideas

Loughlin

What do you think could be better about your favorite citys i will start.

Manchester is a large city it is very nice to look at, has a decent skyline and is the industrial hub of northern New England, but it lacks in things to do inside the city, other citys in new hampshire like Portsmouth still beat it out easily when it comes to fun, one thing they could try an do is become more incorporated with londonerry and canobie lake park, they should also take advantage of the river front ,which they are starting to do , i think they need a new Skyscraper somthing with an observation deck would be cool, they need to concentrate on down town were there is a huge lack of things to do, lots of members only things in downtown right now hard to find somthing good to eat in downtown, until manchester improves the cultural capital of New Hmpshire will always be Portsmouth.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manchester's minor league sports teams seem to do quite well. I don't know if the new ball park is near new the hockey arena, but if there was a way to create an entertainment district connecting the two, that could feed off the popularity of the sports teams...

Portsmouth is a great city to get drunk in!

For Providence I would like to see better transit. For a US city our size I do think we have an excellent bus system, but notice I said a US city, we could have much better.

Detroit should be filling more storefronts. The city has alot filled but alot open. There is to many restaurants coming in and not enough retail. The people in the city need a downtown walgreens or a grocery store for the needs. The people in downtown have to go up to midtown to get food and other things that people need everyday. If any of you know people who are willing to open up a store downtown please tell them and email me about it at [email protected].

We have the same problem of too many restaurants and not enough services in Downcity Providence. Every store front cannot become a restaurant, and every new project cannot feature a restaurant, there are only so many restaurants our population base can support.

We're making progress slowly but surely on that in Providence though.

Boston needs an art-oriented movie theatre or two. Right now all it has for movies are two big corporate chain multiplexes, AMC Fenway and Loews Boston Common. If you want a foreign or independent film, you either go to the Museum of Fine Arts, or out of the city to Cambridge, Brookline, West Newton, or Waltham. This is a sad situation for the supposed 'Athens of America'.

Orlando Lacks badly in good transit options. A metro area of nearly 2 million and we still lack any rail transportation. Mostly because of "ax the tax" groups and such. Im afraid for the future with the fast growth and still only one major interstate connecting the area, its growing ugly fast. Not only that but sprawl here is rampant.

Detroit Metro has about 4 million. It is one of the largest metros in the US besides NY and you can probably think of some more. Detroit desperatly needs light-rail. Stupid People Mover doesn't benifit the community at all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually it's over 5 Million, making us the largest metro in the country without light rail.

Iam from DC and I think I would have added the proposed interstate 395 going through the north of the city from NY ave where it ends. this would have taken lots of time off commuteing and taken alott of traffic off the city streets.

Also I would have made K St. part of rt 66 also proposed back to connect to 95 near Union station. back in the 60's. if only...............grrr I love DC but I hate the traffic filled streets :angry:

Archived