Beijing construction and development thread

Christian

Beijing Sunshine 100 International Apartment

SOHO Modern City - Beijing

The Beijing Sunshine 100 International Apartment is a complex of top grade international apartment buildings in the new SOHO Modern City. The construction area is 210,000 square meters and contains 6 residential towers with 35 floors. During the first construction phase 4 buildings was completed. There is currently two buildings under construction.

2003-11-17_11_35_28.jpg

2003-11-17_11_35_43.jpg

2003-11-17_11_35_18.jpg

• 1 month later...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asian Village

Beijing - China

A residential complex in the Asian Village in Beijing. The project contains area with commercial development, residential development, cultural development and retail developments. This complex of residential buildings is located in the residential area and will become 250m tall.

FZ045_0046.jpg

• 1 year later...

Asian Village

Beijing - China

A residential complex in the Asian Village in Beijing. The project contains area with commercial development, residential development, cultural development and retail developments. This complex of residential buildings is located in the residential area and will become 250m tall.

FZ045_0046.jpg

hello Cristian,

thanks for your good information for the contemporary beijing. I'm a student of Architecture from Florence, Italy.

I'll go to beijing this August and I would like to see the new building, but I don't now which are complete or visible...

do you know if there are guide book or tour in Beijing for the contemporary architecture?

thanks for you answers

Andrea Destro

• 4 weeks later...

Friendship Store to be Replaced

The Friendship Store, long known to tourists and politicos alike, will be demolished and replaced with a shiny new development. Whether or not the store will be reincarnated in the new development remains to be seen. To be honest, I recall going in this place and finding it not worth the money nor the hassle of shopping there. It will be interesting to see if this relic of earlier times will survive in any form.

The Washington Post

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived