IN PROGRESS: 333 Atwells Avenue (Rialto Furniture)

Ruchele, does the WBNA also help little old ladies cross the street and rescue frightened kitties from trees?

Obviously they're a good, and very successful, neighborhood assocation. But where exactly, along they way, ded they branch out into city planning?

Thats simply not true. The organization does not oppose height. I dont know how plainer to make that sentiment.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you and the WBNA agreed on stuff, would you still say they shouldn't have any opinion on the buildings that go up in and around their neighborhood, and in the city?

And so far, all the "plans" for that area have been suggestions. Nothing has been written in stone, even the new comp plan is intentionally vague until after the neighborhood charettes for this area.

And yes, the WBNA has been known to help the elderly AND their pets.

I support WBNA because, for the most part, I think they do an excellent job of improving and representing the interests of the neighborhood. You obviously don't agree - and that's fine!

To summarize your key points:

WBNA = bad

Height = good

Got it!

Let's move on.

BTW,

I was actually at the original CPC public hearing for this project (yes, and I asked for offsite tree canopy coverage to make up for what they couldn't provide onsite), and the WBNA was generally supportive of the taller building. Methinks taking quotes out the Projo is a recipe for being misinformed....

If you and the WBNA agreed on stuff, would you still say they shouldn't have any opinion on the buildings that go up in and around their neighborhood, and in the city?

And so far, all the "plans" for that area have been suggestions. Nothing has been written in stone, even the new comp plan is intentionally vague until after the neighborhood charettes for this area.

Wait, my memory isn't what it used to be. Remind me again, which exactly is the WBNA's neighborhood? I look on the list of the city's official neighborhoods, and I don't see "West Broadway" anywhere.

As for the charade process, umm, that is, the charrette process, let's be realistic. Whose suggestions do you really think the city is going to implement, Sasaki's (whose opinion they sought out & paid for) or those of the shmucks like you & me (whose opinions can be had for free)?

Archived