IN PROGRESS: 333 Atwells Avenue (Rialto Furniture)

I haven't heard what ever came of the North Main Walgreens, but I understand the city was pointing to 333 Atwells, and saying, 'look, see, you can do it, it's not hard...' There's also some concept store in the Midwest I guess that Walgreens wishes they never opened because every municipality says that's the one they want.

that was ME! no one noticed that one the drawings and renders that it said "walgreens" as the tenant.

and if you've ever seen a walgreens ad on TV you can see that they are very urban, and everyone walks to them! and they have trees!

the North Main Street one will SUCK. They are taking trees out of the median (those nice elms) and making a left turn lane and hardly planting any trees, and i don't think there are ANY in the parking lot, much to my chagrin.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't heard what ever came of the North Main Walgreens, but I understand the city was pointing to 333 Atwells, and saying, 'look, see, you can do it, it's not hard...' There's also some concept store in the Midwest I guess that Walgreens wishes they never opened because every municipality says that's the one they want.

Not totally relevant to the thread but...was in PVD recently and made some observations with more questions than answers:

1) Any idea of where this project (333 Atwells) sits in terms of a timeframe for groundbreaking?

2) What is the status of that ugly hole in the ground on Atwells near the Roman Catholic Church?-Wasn't that initially earmarked for a condo tower (11 floors)?

3) Status of Belmonte Castle?

Thanks

1) Any idea of where this project (333 Atwells) sits in terms of a timeframe for groundbreaking?

I think any minute now.

2) What is the status of that ugly hole in the ground on Atwells near the Roman Catholic Church?-Wasn't that initially earmarked for a condo tower (11 floors)?

3) Status of Belmonte Castle?

That hole is Belmonte Castle. They applied for increased density within the same building and were denied, I believe it is back to the drawing board.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived