Best Downtown Restaurant

Pachuco

What is your favorite downtown restaurant ?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite downtown restaurant ?

• 1.Big Al's
    • 2.Lunch Studio
    • 3.Halo Burger
    • 4.La Familia (My cuz's rest.)
    • 5.Tom Z''s
    • 6.China 1
    • 7.Other (specify)
    • 8. Mike's Deli
    • 9. Churchill's

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friends and I have talked about going there after our classes get out, or on a lunch break, but so far we still haven't managed to go there. lol

The only place on there that I've eaten is Tom Z's. I like it, but then again I've only been there twice. And I've wanted to break the tiles (notice plural) on the mural that have Michael Moore on them...

Where's that mural at? On Tom Z's? I've never seen it.

I'm pretty sure it's a restaurant/bar. I was gonna post their website (www.churchillsbar.biz), but it seems to be down. And if you guys are wondering where I come up with all of these webpages, I made a web page (locally on my computer) with a directory of downtown small businesses but it's still in progress. I add links everytime I come across something.

Haha. That is pretty typical for polls on urbanplanet. I would vote, but I've never actually eaten at any of the places downtown. I'm not a very good supporter of businesses in my hometown, although if I still lived in GB I would definately try some of the places out.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I went to Mega Coney Island yesterday, and I have to say it's a nice place with pretty good food. The "Flint" coneys were great; the chicken strips were okay but I only had a tiny bite - not enough to really get a flavor. I didn't taste the ham sandwich but that thing is thick. It has four thick slices of ham on every sandwich.

The price is also very reasonable. Three meals and drinks cost me $20.

My only complaint is the business hours. According to the Journal it's open from 7-4 on weekdays and 8-2 on Saturdays. I think there's money to be made at a coney island at that location - especially since it has a parking lot. When I was there Saturday, though it was a little past 2 and people were still in there, and there were still a few cars up there when I drove by after 4.

I think they're trying to figure out good business hours just like the other new businesses downtown.

Big Al's is one. There are a few of them in and around the city, although I think its downtown location offers more variety.

If you just want take-out, there are a number of good soul food restaurants along N. Saginaw. It's just that most of them aren't ideal for dining in. There are some good ones on Clio Rd., too.

Downtown is being noticed so much,My older cousin Cara and her friends always stop by Mikes to either get a sub,hotdog, or whatever it maybe.Alot of the staff at my school atleast once every couple weeks go out to Big Al's to get catfish and rib tips. Two times during lent My motherand about 10 other of our family and friends went out ot big al's to eat catfish.Other day my Aunt had come and visited us and comented o n how great the coneys at mega coney island was.About 3 weeks ago at night from coming home for a party we stopped at Tom Z's to get coneys and burgers. 2 yrs. ago this barely happended. Downtown Flint is already a destination for eating and dining just think when all of the bars and restaurants are built, I can't wait.

Err...I don't know ;)

I went to Mega Coney Island again today and got a bacon cheeseburger. It didn't disappoint. I should've tried something like the fish or steak, but I really had a taste for a burger.

I need to try Churchill's one day. Everybody says their food is great.

Edit: I have a bad habit of crossposting. The "I don't know" was meant for VeeFan.

Re: Pachuco

I can't wait, either. Hopefully more downtown restaurants will stay open later then. Too many of them close at 4 or 5 right now. Most of the time I don't even have an oppurtunity to try them out because they're only open when I'm at work.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i voted for halo burger. ive never been to the downtown resaurant, but i go to the Court Street one sometimes. actually i had it on Friday. I saw that coney island that burned down, pretty messed up lookin.

I've only been to the store that they have in UCEN. It's alright, but not a lot for me to choose from since I prefer not to eat red meat. ;)

The Lunch Studio is good though. :) Great sandwiches, and I love the artwork they have hanging up in there.

Archived