Ryanair Flight Report : Dublin - London Stansted

hkskyline

Flight Information

From Dublin (DUB) to London Stansted (STN)

Mon, 27Dec04

Flight FR298

Depart DUB at 21:45 and arrive STN at 22:55

Commentary

It was raining quite hard after I finished dinner and walked to the airport coach stop in downtown Dublin. The bus trip was short and uneventful. Luckily, Dublin International Airport is not too far from downtown.

DSCN5129.JPG

DSCN5131.JPG

The airplane arrived late, and the flight was about 30 minutes behind schedule. It was wet and windy outside, and it only took about 10 minutes for everyone to board via the two staircases (front and back doors). It was almost a full flight.

In-flight - quite bumpy taking off from Dublin and throughout the flight. I even saw a static discharge (a pop sound and a lightning-type flash) outside the window.

DSCN5135.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone flown with Ryanair with success? When I was living in Europe, I was tempted too, but they always fly out of obscure airports on the outskirts of the destination cities, and I heard that they charge steep fees for bus rides. Is this true?

Has anyone flown with Ryanair with success?  When I was living in Europe, I was tempted too, but they always fly out of obscure airports on the outskirts of the destination cities, and I heard that they charge steep fees for bus rides.  Is this true?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The bus ride usually costs about 10 euros each way, so the connection to the airport might cost more than the flight itself! For an almost free round trip flight, you still have to pay taxes, so the savings might be minimal in the end. On the other hand, easyJet flies to some metropolitan airports, yet their fares are significantly higher.

Another reason why I chose to visit Dublin was because its airport is only 20 minutes from the city, so it's quite easy to do a bus transfer. London Stansted isn't too far - about an hour by train. My experience with Ryanair was quite good. I find their flight attendants to be more professional and friendly than British Airways.

The bus ride usually costs about 10 euros each way, so the connection to the airport might cost more than the flight itself! For an almost free round trip flight, you still have to pay taxes, so the savings might be minimal in the end. On the other hand, easyJet flies to some metropolitan airports, yet their fares are significantly higher.

Another reason why I chose to visit Dublin was because its airport is only 20 minutes from the city, so it's quite easy to do a bus transfer. London Stansted isn't too far - about an hour by train. My experience with Ryanair was quite good. I find their flight attendants to be more professional and friendly than British Airways.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the testimonial. I'll be in Paris next week, maybe I'll fly to Dublin if I can find a good deal!

Thanks for the testimonial.  I'll be in Paris next week, maybe I'll fly to Dublin if I can find a good deal!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I usually see a lot of cheap flights between London and Dublin. I was checking last night and I believe the price was about GBP 3 each way. Paris Beauvais is quite far from the city. I believe the round trip bus fare to the airport is about 19 euros?

Archived